Insulhammock
    Tarp
    diy winter tarp
    Insulation
    Insulhammock
    Suspension
    DutchGear
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie View Post
    If you haven't already, check out FIMB's Bonefire hammock. I've got one, and I've used it for 3 nights so far...also, MM has one for warmer weather...when the Roan is too much insulation.
    Paulie,40* is in the perfect temp range for the standard Insulhammock with the 1" baffles. I am a hot sleeper and had the standard Insulhammock with a low of 65* on a summer night and was surprisingly comfy,,no sweaty backside, just vented with the zipper.

MM Glad your pleased with my baby//err, The Roan ,, Her twin is on the table now! I finally might have my "own" Insulhammock, barring no one orders it between now and RHK! This Hammock can be supplemented so many different ways that I think the Low end of the temp. range could be surprising!.

FIMB Thanks for the props Buddy!,,We've got a lot of talking to do at RHK and looking forward to it!

Well, My Roan Isn't going to sew herself so time to climb back under the Injector!

Thanks for the support and nice comments,,
    RR

Hammock
    Henn Exp lite or WB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopy on Kevlar
    Cant wait to see this in action next weekend.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Insulhammock
    Insulation
    gigantic beer gut
    Suspension
    Never got caught
    I predict the next generation insulhammock will be wearable and will also fit over a backpack. Just a thought...

Senior Member Rivendell Refugee's Avatar
    Hammock
    Insulhammock
    Tarp
    diy winter tarp
    Insulation
    Insulhammock
    Suspension
    DutchGear
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFirePitGuy View Post
    I predict the next generation insulhammock will be wearable and will also fit over a backpack. Just a thought...
    I like the way you think! That could be the other 1% that would make it 100%
    I like your idea better because mine involved a 110 outlet for the built in
    Espresso maker!

Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Insulhammock
    Insulation
    gigantic beer gut
    Suspension
    Never got caught
    RR, you already got a masterpiece. It'd be hard to improve upon that, but with your creativity anything is possible.

Hammock
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Suspension
    I was expelled
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    When I first saw an Insulhammock at the Big South Fork Hike-n-Hang I too thought in-line but the happy reality is an asym lay is easily and comfortably done.
    Another happy suprise is that The Roan is differentially cut in every possible direction ~you'd have to get with Rivendell for the specifics~ but I could not creat a cold spot in any position I got in including the 'laying indian position' where I crossed my legs and really pushed my knees into the insulation with ONE exception and that is the zipper.
    When I first set it up and did the head to tail fine tooth comb examination I found 2 deficits in my mind, that is two things I'd change. One of which the manufacturer Insulhammocks has agreed to address in future models and that is a draft tube either in front of or behind the zipper.
    Speeking of zippers. Compared to the velcro closure of the Speer PeaPod I greatly like the zipper better--much faster in use and with the velcro it took lots of effort to get a good seal. Also you can zip/unzip from the inside or outside with pull tabs.
    Topquilt inside or additional bottom quilt? OK remember I mentioned the top portion of the Insulhammock drapes nicely toward the body with at worse a 2-3 inch gap (this changes as you reposition..and that this gap would easily be closed with camp clothes, so you could add a topquilt inside but nothing like a Winter Mamba; well you could be something that lofts at 5-7 inches is just going to be wasted loft and weight..this of course baed on my body size. Now adding bottom insulation is also possible, it is built with 2 openings to facilitate the addition of a foam pad and/or a summer weight underquiilt---again the Insulhammock does not have the big sag gap the original PeaPods had between the bottom of the hammock and the pod itself. BUT with 4.5 inches of loft below (and me in a hammock sock) this wouldn't be an issue until well below 0F and beyond.
    Attaching whoopies-
    The Roan as supplied had by my request short continuous loops of Amsteel I use to attach to Dutch Biners used in the Hangnout designed suspension for the AirShip. Rivendell did his best guess but there were two short....2 minute job here at the house to pull them out and pull in longer continuous loops through a sewn channel. Once through and larks headed you can attach whatever you want-from quick easy heavy webbing to whoopie slings, your choice.
    My only regret is that I didn't have this 2 weeks ago when it was -7F. I feel that me, the eternal cold person, would have had no issues in warmth (of course I'd also been wearing my down pants inside, a down balaclava, and a down top).

First sleep report! I was at work so Poof gave it a go in the living room on the hammock stand. Poof says great comfort, very cozy completely surrounded by down, like a PeaPod but not as restricted, the Argon feels like silk BUT inside she just zipped it partially up over her lower leggs; the micro climate still maintained a great amount of warmth (this room is not heated so ranges from 58F to 60F). What she discovered was Roan won't be solely for deep winter hanging. Insulhammocks 'regular' offereing, i.e. the 'Insulhammock' has a shifted temperatue range-remember The Roan is the seriously for cold use model-so the Insulhammock is probably good up to the 60s.
    Im riding a standard Insulhammock with a windshield and ive been down to -5 and up to 30mph winds as well as 85F in Fla. with no problems.For me the Insulhammock is four season. looking forward to seeing how The Roan shines. Thanks for pullin the trigger see you at RHK
    Last edited by crackrbilly; 01-30-2014 at 16:39.
    Ignorance is simply not knowing, Stupidity is knowing and not doing. "Stupidity should be painful"

"Have you ever stood and stared at it, marveled at its beauty, its genius? Billions of people just living out their lives oblivious" Agent Smith, The Matrix

Please leave suggestions and comments on our H.O.C.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=57721

Come check out our Creation
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uw7-XGKnDU

Insulhammock
    http://camping-hammock.us/

Hammock
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Suspension
    I was expelled
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FireInMyBones View Post
    RR has some excellent design ideas. I liked his design when I saw it at Hot Springs. He just keeps pumping out new features.

Any pictures for those who won't be at RHK next week?
    Lets not forget there are 2 Masterminds behind the Insulhammock. I don't just carry firewood LOL
    Ignorance is simply not knowing, Stupidity is knowing and not doing. "Stupidity should be painful"

"Have you ever stood and stared at it, marveled at its beauty, its genius? Billions of people just living out their lives oblivious" Agent Smith, The Matrix

Insulhammock

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by crackrbilly View Post
    Lets not forget there are 2 Masterminds behind the Insulhammock. I don't just carry firewood LOL
    My sincerest apologies, Crackrbilly. How could I have forgotten your input?
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

Hammock
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    INSULHAMMOCK
    Suspension
    I was expelled
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FireInMyBones View Post
    My sincerest apologies, Crackrbilly. How could I have forgotten your input?
    LOL, just don't forget me when your wife makes more of those cookies, dang they was good!

Insulhammock

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:UGQ WD
    Insulation
    UGQ,KAQ,Tewa
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesienk View Post
    Holy smokes, that is one hefty price tag!
    I thought that at first, but if you think about it, That is about the average cost of a quality hammock, bottom and top quilt but without the futzing!

It's a clever and functional looking thing.

MM , Can't wait to see pictures of this in action on Roan! Need to show us more!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast