homemade
    Tarp
    Claytor 13' x 10'
    Insulation
    trimmed down pad
    Images

The Hammock I Made Part 3

The Hammock I Made Part 3
    In part 1 I discussed how I size and how I put the 1.1 ripstop together, also how I put the loops ( sewn channel) on the ends.

In part two I talked about Assembly of the zippers that I used,& how I sewed them on, also the decision about structural/non-structural ridgeline or if you will use one at all. I like the ridgeline ( structural) and so I said I would show pics of mine. so, here they are below in pics 1,2.

Part 3
    I now have my hammock hung the way I like, but I still have to put a bug net on . I like using no-see-um bug mesh. I understand that there are lighter meshes to use, but I like this product better.

I'm sure their are different ways of applying this and probably better ways, but this is how I do it, also I would like to say that another reason for me doing this three part series is not to say that my way is better by no means but to only show the way I put my hammocks together. I have used several different sources from this site and other sites and just put it together and for that I say to all of them "thank you" and to the people who make this sight happen and to their endless knowledge of DIY, I give my up most respect to those as well. With that said I move on to the bug net.

Now with my hammock hung, I like to weight it with things like a full pack,pillows, and small sand bags so that it will simulate a person in it. I then drape the bug net over the ridgeline trying my best not to waist it in certain areas, but I do have waste sometimes. I usually use the waist to make other things so no big deal. Once I find that I have found the right amount of space that I will need for me (Height and Width) then I pin it. I then put a chalk line down, and usually I give myself and extra inch on to it for room to play with.Then I cut the mesh at the chalk line. Next I pin it again down one side of the inside of the zipper coil that is already sewed on and put a single straight stitch down from top to bottom. then repeat process for the other side.(Pic's 3,4)
    I don't know if you can see it well in the pics but on the ends I leave them open and just put on some simple bug net sleeves. (Pic 5) I do this because I like to be able to slide my camleback tube in at night so I have something to drink without having to get out.The hammock net at the ends are supported with polypro strips sewed on to both side ends and onto the bug net as well so that ridge line doesn't put to much stress on the net it self but rather to transfer the stress to the polypro strips and then to the hammock body.
    Lastly put on your own version of tie out lines and set the hammock to test it out. Last but not least start enjoying your brand new hammock that you made yourself. (Pic's 6, 7,8,9,10) So, have fun and I see you on the flip. God bless, to all of you. Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ticktock; 05-20-2009 at 01:33.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    That is a real nice setup. I plan on doing one of these in the near future and you posts will help.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Same here, it's nice to see a different take on things. I really like your bugnet endcaps.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    Claytor Jungle, DIY
    Tarp
    Claytor Diamond
    Insulation
    2/3 UQ, Speer TQ
    Beautiful work!

Images
    Nice job on the hammock.

I see you are from Evansville. Do they still have the haunted house in the old jail around Halloween?
    Brian
    ...and there came to be a day, all too soon, that I became aware that I could travel no more on my long journey. Though I did not arrive where I had planned, I believe that here is exactly where I am supposed to be...

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    That's a pretty sweet looking hammock.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Ultralight Travel Hammock
    Very very nice...I think I might try making one of my own now, thanks for the posts!

Hammock
    my 11' ers
    Tarp
    many of my tarps
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images
    great job...

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7 Leftie + Traveler
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY Artic KaroStep
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Images
    This is good stuff ticktock, answers a lot of questions for me. I've been collecting
    the materials for a build but at this point I'm learning to sew and have only built
    snake skins, bags ect....doing my best to drive a strait line
    The pictures and explanation of various hems is like finding gold for me and I
    thank you for your time a trouble as I for one needed the help. Until now I've been
    afraid to poke holes in any of the more expensive materials I've purchased.

• + New Posts