DD Camping
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    TAR Prolite 3/4
    Suspension
    S, DC, MSH, W, DR

Cumulus sleping bags and quilts

In order to make hammockforums an even more awesome place for all things hammock for both Americans and Europeans, I'd like to bring Polish-made Cumulus to everyone's attention.

I had never heard from them until my local hiking-community started organising group buys. They've been doing it 4 times now, so I guess buyers are content with the bags and quilts.

They make very lightweight sleeping bags out of Pertex Quantum and high-quality down. One thing to remember is that American and European cuins are, apparently, a little different: European numbers are lower for the same quality down.

I've been ogling a 2-season quilt (Quilt 250), which can also be used as a liner for sleeping bags. They also make Shug-proof sleeping bags for -48C (-50F?) and everything in between. And word has it that they will do any mods you like too (i.e. 50/50 fill, shorter or longer, Pertex Endurance outer shells etc.).

I don't own shares or anything, but considering that I'd never heard of them and that they make great quality bags, I thought some of you might be happy with the link.
    http://www.sleepingbags-cumulus.eu/
    Still getting the hang of it

Hammock
    UKhammocks Woodsman lite
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    UKH UQ, Cumulus TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch hooks
    Images
    Yeah, I have had an eye on those for quite some time now. Here in Europe (Germany for me) they are the only manufacturer for quilts I found so far to come by easily (I know a german webshop selling them), as all the great cottage-stuff from the US means having to deal with all the mess like import-taxes and high shipping costs.
    So far two things kept me from buying. First my wallet and second the closed footbox on their quilts. So knowing they will sew custom-pieces is good info. Thx for that

Hammock
    DD Camping
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    TAR Prolite 3/4
    Suspension
    S, DC, MSH, W, DR
    On their website, they have 'comforters' as well, where you can create a footbox and use as a quilt. I saw a similar JRB model.

Glad the info helped you, it's hard to find European equivalents of all the great stuff people talk about here, especially at a good price.

Hammock
    UKhammocks Woodsman lite
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    UKH UQ, Cumulus TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lijn View Post
    [...] it's hard to find European equivalents of all the great stuff people talk about here, especially at a good price.
    Word! Can be hard at times

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Cumulus250+downmat
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Did anyone pull the trigger on one of their quilts? I received the 250 quilt a while ago but haven't had time to test it yet, though I hope to get out as soon as possible.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Hammock
    DD Camping
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    TAR Prolite 3/4
    Suspension
    S, DC, MSH, W, DR
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergstedt View Post
    Did anyone pull the trigger on one of their quilts? I received the 250 quilt a while ago but haven't had time to test it yet, though I hope to get out as soon as possible.

Well, I ordered a customised Comforter with a Pertex Endurance outer, a bit shorter, and 250g down. I think the temp rating is about 5 degrees Celsius, not unlike the quilt you mention.
    I have slept in it down to 7 degrees C and was fine. Had to make sure the footbox was closed though; in 'blanket mode' it was too cold.
    Last year in the summer heatwave, with 25-30 degree nights, it was a bit too warm for me, but sleeping in a t-shirt and the blanket only over my legs worked. A bit colder and I was fine at night. It really shines around 10-15 degrees I think.

All I can say is: I LOVE my comforter. I have one with 500g down too. Should be good to 0 deg or even a bit less. I figure I can even double them up.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Cumulus250+downmat
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Well, I ordered a customised Comforter with a Pertex Endurance outer, a bit shorter, and 250g down. I think the temp rating is about 5 degrees Celsius, not unlike the quilt you mention.
    I have slept in it down to 7 degrees C and was fine. Had to make sure the footbox was closed though; in 'blanket mode' it was too cold.
    Last year in the summer heatwave, with 25-30 degree nights, it was a bit too warm for me, but sleeping in a t-shirt and the blanket only over my legs worked. A bit colder and I was fine at night. It really shines around 10-15 degrees I think.

All I can say is: I LOVE my comforter. I have one with 500g down too. Should be good to 0 deg or even a bit less. I figure I can even double them up.
    Interesting! Thank you for sharing.

We have night temps around 12-16 C now, so I should get out and try it soon.

Hammock
    DD Camping
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    TAR Prolite 3/4
    Suspension
    S, DC, MSH, W, DR
    Yup, we'll have or one week of summer next week, LOL

--
    Snet frm my phone. Spelling errrs may occur.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Cumulus250+downmat
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Yup, we'll have or one week of summer next week, LOL

--
    Snet frm my phone. Spelling errrs may occur.
    Haha! This is (unfortunately) funny because it's true.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Hammock
    warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Dyneema
    Insulation
    warbonnet lynx
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    How many of you know, that Rafael /Cumulus/ makes also underquilt for hammocks? I have exchanged several emails with him and he made me custom made underquilt. But he was in this before, as he offered me some of his prototypes. I have one at home now, used several times, and must say wow. I like the pertex much more than argon. It is 180cm long, with 200g of down, pretty sure that its to 0 celsius, and weights 430g. He makes also warmer versions, according to your needs. Mine was 175 eur + 7 eur shipping. Comes with storage bag, and stuff sack for your trip. Amazing service, and amazing job !

Its the green one:

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast