Smile Yup another from MN joining the group that "hangs" about

I am new to hammock camping, so new I have not done it yet but i will be as soon as spring has sprung. I have camped about every way a person can camp. Laying on the ground, under a rock, in a cave, using a lean-to, tent, camper, trailer, motor home, in a tree house and even out on a limb. I am 50 yrs old and I figure it is time for me to camp in a hammock. Okay with that said back in '84 I was lost in the mountains of Oregon for 5 days, dropped a few feet of snow on me and I got bite with a little frost bite. I don't walk so well anymore but that has not stopped me. In fact this coming summer my 16 yr old son and I are planning a rather long walk, I figure it will take us oh about three months for our walk. With this walk we will hammock camp from here to there. When we make it, oh the celebration it will be and if we don't oh what a great time we will have had trying. You only live once and I have been knocking on that other door over 10 times now. I had better start that hammock camping soon eh. If any of you other hammock campers want to get together and share some stories, advice and what ever else. Lets figure that out together. I think it would be a blast. Don't you?

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY SilArgon
    Insulation
    DIY Down/Synthetic
    Suspension
    Line/strap
    Images
    Welcome to HF, Lostman! Attending a group hang is a great way to check out different setups, get sound advice, and maybe hear some tall tales. See you in the trees!
    "You'll never get a Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole." Capt. H. P. Crowe, USMC; Guadalcanal, 13 Jan 1943

'I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants." A. Whitney Brown

"Everything takes longer once a cat gets involved." sm

Welcome! I'd love to hear about the long walk you and your son are doing. My son graduates HS this year and I'd like to do something like that with him.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Welcome, good to hear some more locals are getting into hanging. I'm still pretty new to this myself. I've really gotten into the DIY stuff, helps save money and its fun to do, plus it feels good to use something you made. We just had a group hang about 2 weeks ago. Awesome time, there are quite a few trip reports on it and the trip planning for it was a pretty good size thread. Anyway, welcome I would be interested in getting together. I'm probably just up the road from you.

Hammock
    ENO SingleNest & DoubleNest
    Tarp
    CCS Tundra Tarp
    Insulation
    Exped pads
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas
    Images
    Welcome! Group hangs at Afton, Lake Maria, etc. are always an option - feel free to organize something any time.

Hammock
    The Ninja (HikingDad Special)
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    NF Down DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Welcome from a fellow MN Hanger, you'll learn more here by accident than elsewhere by design as the saying goes. Have fun, ask questions, enjoy!!

Hammock
    Wbbb, Hennesy safari deluxe
    Tarp
    Superfly, hh hex t
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Welcome from another Minnesotan!

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Speer, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps
    Lostman,

Welcome from anther Minnesotan. One thing we love to do around here is talk hammocks. Just ask away and we will respond.

Cheers

• + New Posts