Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    OES 12 x 10
    Insulation
    JRB Mt.Washington4
    Suspension
    Whoopie/UCR

The right way to hang a JRB Mt Washington.

The mailman caught me as I was walking out the door today. My wifes MT. Washington 4 just arrived!!!!!!!!! I wasn't expecting it to come so quickly. My thanks to the Jacks for their excellent service and a wonderful looking quilt.

Anyway... The suspension isn't configured the way I was expecting. There are pull strings on all four corners plus one in the middle of each end. ( One long string with three cord locks if were going to be exact...) There are mini 'biners on the two center cords. and a loop of webbing on each corner. I couldn't figure it out with just the directions. I believe it's one set of directions for most all of the UQ's. Can someone that uses one of these straighten me out on how to attach the UQ properly? I'm sure I can attach it to the hammock, but I want to know how it's supposed to go. Thanks.

~Bryan

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    OES 12 x 10
    Insulation
    JRB Mt.Washington4
    Suspension
    Whoopie/UCR
    I'm thinking, now, that I didn't receive the suspension. That's solves my confusion.
    Last edited by miisterwright; 05-21-2009 at 01:51.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mbwtt View Post
    I'm thinking, now, that I didn't receive the suspension. That's solves my confusion.
    Yep, that would be a problem! Bummer! While you are waiting for the missing part to arrive, and if you just can't wait, you might could go down to a camping store and get some shock cord and rig up a temp suspension. Just be sure you use something with a good bit of stretch in it! You don't want to pull any thing loose. Plus, if you have not already, look at this:
    http://www.jacksrbetter.com/UQ%20Installation.htm

Also, when using this quilt with my WBBB, I attached 2 Grip Clips on the foot end about a foot or 2 closer to the middle than the foot. Then I ran a piece of shock cord from 1 grip clip ovet the RL to the other grip clip and tightened up a bit. This made it a lot easier for me to do away with a gap under and to the left of my legs and feet. I don't know if this is actually needed for other folks, maybe I was just doing something wrong. But it solved my problem really easy for me.

But with the JRB BMBH, fit was perfect right out of the box. Prepare to be warm!

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    OES 12 x 10
    Insulation
    JRB Mt.Washington4
    Suspension
    Whoopie/UCR
    Thanks BillyBob58, I've got some shock cord, and I'll be rigging it up temporarily with that. Jack sent me an email back and is getting a suspension out to me right away. Accidents happen and that doesn't take away one bit from my impression of JRB. They have excellent service IMO. I'm already saving my pennies for another UQ

• + New Posts