Hammock
    Hennessey camo
    Tarp
    Hennessey
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    Suspension
    Hennessey tree str
    I have one. Get it, You'll be glad you did.

Take care stay safe
    buckethead

I just got my first hammock from Tom Claytor his jungle hammock and yes the diamond fly would only work in a jungle were there is no wind. I have to say that I
    should have got any other hammock than this one after a five night test the suspension blew apart I way 210Lb to day I received the big rain fly and it is un useable as there was a tie out missing on the ridge line the only place where it counts and the entire tarp nice except no reinforcement on any of the attachments so if I was going to by a hammock I would not ever get a Claytor jungle hammock nothing but trouble. So any one want to by a five day old hammock. This thing is going in to the trash corner of the garage and yes it is to narrow I got shoulder squeeze and you can not sleep on your side with out killing your knees so I am now going to start from scratch and get a warbonet or a Hennessy I may even try a Dutch Gear hammock any thing would be better than the thing I have never even got out on the trail pretty sad for a first time hammock purchase.
    Last edited by wolf460; 04-27-2015 at 15:51.

I forgot to mention do not pay for EMS with Claytor regular air mail got here faster than the extra $30 for EMS.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf460 View Post
    I just got my first hammock from Tom Claytor his jungle hammock and yes the diamond fly would only work in a jungle were there is no wind. I have to say that I
    should have got any other hammock than this one after a five night test the suspension blew apart I way 210Lb to day I received the big rain fly and it is un useable as there was a tie out missing on the ridge line the only place where it counts and the entire tarp nice except no reinforcement on any of the attachments so if I was going to by a hammock I would not ever get a Claytor jungle hammock nothing but trouble. So any one want to by a five day old hammock. This thing is going in to the trash corner of the garage and yes it is to narrow I got shoulder squeeze and you can not sleep on your side with out killing your knees so I am now going to start from scratch and get a warbonet or a Hennessy I may even try a Dutch Gear hammock any thing would be better than the thing I have never even got out on the trail pretty sad for a first time hammock purchase.
    Wow! Sorry to hear about all of that. My 7+ years old Claytor No Net remains one of my fav hammocks, and still using the original suspension. There are a few others here(not many but some) that rate the Claytors real high also. Never had any shoulder squeeze and can sleep on back, side, fetal. But who knows, they may not even make them the same as they did.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    When I had a DD Frontline hammock I used arrow shafts for the bug net spreaders. I shaved down a short piece of wooden dowel and pressed into each end and then rounded off the protruding ends to prevent any sharp edges.
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

The hammock is well made but when you have things go wrong with new equipment and then you order a new part and it is defective it dose not look good for that product.

Claytor is by far my favorite. Superior in every way. Cheap, durable and the double liner is gold !

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567