SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    I'm curious about the Tree Runner with a footbox - anybody try that? Any comparison to the WBBB footbox?
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Dream Hammock - Darien
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    100% UGQ
    Suspension
    Web'g
    I don't think Jared at Simply Light makes any of his hammocks with a footbox. I couldn't see anywhere on his site that suggests he does. I have a Tree Runner ( DL ) and it doesn't have a footbox.

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner in 1.9 Multicam
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    JRB MW4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotaross View Post
    I had him install a loop through the channels instead of larks heading the loop on. In lieu of doing that, you might try a dogbone where the two ends meet where you larks head the whoopie to them.
    This loop you speak of, could I do it myself. Shipping the hammock back to Jared is not a cheap option considering I am up in Canada. Could you post some pics of it so I could get a better idea.
    Check out my youtube channel. Vids about hammock camping, geocaching and outdoor fun.
    Adventures With Snide Tripod

Hammock
    Dream Hammock - Darien
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    100% UGQ
    Suspension
    Web'g
    When I recieved my Tree Runner from Simply Light, I ran my whoopies through the end chanels. Then attatch the SRL to the whoopies. It's easy to do and simple. I think there some YouTube videos of this.

Hammock
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    I don't think Jared at Simply Light makes any of his hammocks with a footbox. I couldn't see anywhere on his site that suggests he does. I have a Tree Runner ( DL ) and it doesn't have a footbox.
    Its not mentioned anywhere on the site, but its an option if you go to order a TreeRunner. I had to email him to clarify. Not much unlike the WBBB footbox, just not attached to the net.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by snidetripod View Post
    This loop you speak of, could I do it myself. Shipping the hammock back to Jared is not a cheap option considering I am up in Canada. Could you post some pics of it so I could get a better idea.
    I had some other things to amend, so that made it reasonable to send to him. If you can make a loop, then yes, just thread it through. Instead of all the material bunched up in one little spot where you larks head something to the end channel, it allows the channel to spread out a little - just a little - over a portion of the loop. Not sure it makes that much of a difference and not saying its something you should do, but its something Jared suggested.
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Dream Hammock - Darien
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    100% UGQ
    Suspension
    Web'g
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotaross View Post
    Its not mentioned anywhere on the site, but its an option if you go to order a TreeRunner. I had to email him to clarify. Not much unlike the WBBB footbox, just not attached to the net.
    OK, that's good to know for future reference. Thanks

Hammock
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    JRB MW4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    My streamliner in multi cam showed up today. I am excited to get her unboxed and reviewed. Just thought I would share a few pics of the parcel.

I will post more pics of the setup later, video to follow too on my YouTube channel.
    Check out my youtube channel. Vids about hammock camping, geocaching and outdoor fun.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    JRB MW4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Here it is. Finally all setup and pretty on my hammock stand. Have not had a chance to sleep in it yet, but I here snow is in the forecast early next week. Setup was breeze, I made a couple of continuous loops from 7/64 amsteel, and fed them through the end channels of the hammy. They are secured with a larkshead. I also constructed an ASRL and a set of whoopies from 7/64 amsteel and secured them to the loops to form the suspension. I just hope that the sewn channels will hold. I think next I will make a RL organizer, and maybe a 12 - 14 inch continuous loop to use as a handle so I can pull myself up towards the head of the hammock. As promised, here are a few pics.

Streamliner in its stuff sack. I think this is more like a black bishop bag. It opens on both ends, making setup a breeze.

I love the pattern of that multicam. Looks good on my stand.

A look at the suspension.

A nice asymmetric hang. Everything still needs to be tweaked though.

MMEEEE

I don't know if I already said it, but this is a quality hammock. I am extremely impressed with the craftsmanship of Jared from Simply Light Designs. Everything about this experience was top shelf, from ordering down to his customer service. I did not wait four to five weeks for this to arrive either. I would definitely recommend a Simply Light Designs product to anyone who was interested. I believe a Hammock Cozy is on my wish list now. Thank you Jared.
    Last edited by snidetripod; 03-13-2014 at 17:33.

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    KAQ, UGQ
    Nice! You got both layers in mc. Looks really nice! How long is it?

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast