I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Cool Pizza.... #12 is a wonderful sight and Crosby is always rather un-maintained. That is what I really like about it!!!!
    The sites down the river from #13 on are great sites as well.
    Glad you got out and had fun and shot some viddy.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    The sites down the river from #13 on are great sites as well.
    I was wondering what those sites would be like...especially #16 because on the metal map sign on cedar ridge trail at the turn where you descend 200 feet down the hill to the river someone scratched "Don't ever go to 16" That's a tough hike going back up that hill. I kind of wished I had followed the river back up on the way out to try something different. I may have to go back up there again in the fall.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben,Warbonnet
    Insulation
    CaveCreek, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!
    Images
    Great couple of days to be out there, Pizza! I love Crosby Manitou, it's where I first backpacked in the northern, piney woods and learned about the SHT. It's deinitely a bit wilder than your normal state park. I was up in Lutsen with my wife this weekend and did about 25 miles of dayhiking. I still can't believe the 3 days of perfect weather that we had. Hollar sometime when your heading up north, maybe we can hang together.

Randy
    “Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared” - Jack Handy

Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Thumbs up

I went back up to Crosby Manitou State Park with my cousin this past weekend. We had a blast. It was hot and muggy on Saturday. Got to cover all of the trail in the northern part of park this time. We camped at campsite #1 which was a pretty neat site. Some people must have been watching Survivor Man because they built a two sided shelter out of pine branches at our camp. They did a pretty good job. The trail was really rugged, particularly Humpback Trail. Wow, lots of tough uphill stretches and huge boulders to climb over. At one point we had to sit down on a big boulder and slide down. Banged up my shin real good and twisted my ankle a couple times along the way too...OUCH! I was pretty beat by the end of the trip but it was worth it. I was really glad to have the hammock on this trip. It rained all night Saturday night and it was nice not to have to pack up muddy gear the next morning. My cousin had a tent and his gear was covered in mud and dirt. I was packed up in less than half the time it took him and I didn't even get my hands dirty. How cool is that! Will add few pics to my gallery.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben,Warbonnet
    Insulation
    CaveCreek, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie!!!
    Images

Saturday night

Sounds like a great time. A buddy from work and I were at the Caribou Falls site on the SHT and it rained pretty hard most of the night. Stayed high and dry under the Speer Winter Tarp in the Blackbird! The pitter-patter of the rain on the tarp makes for good reading and sleeping. You're also very right about packing up, I remember the days. Are you going to make the Fall Hang?

Randy
    “Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared” - Jack Handy

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12