HH-HBPA,2QZQ-Mod2L
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx Spinn
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 & TiGoat
    Suspension
    DIY 7/64" UCR's
    Images
    If you have doubt about the eyebolts, just threat through the eye and wrap/fasten against the lumber. The eyes will function as anchor point placement guides that way, while the lumber provides all the strength.
    H4x
    SM TR49, SR-875 "A boy learns integrity through his eyes, ears and hands."

"You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins, as quoted by Frodo The Fellowship of the Ring

So this is my first DIY project and suck at working with wood. I am debating between the TurtleDog and this one (this one seems more doable). I am going to use this indoors 90% of the time and was wondering about the length of it when it is folded down, the length when it is standing up (the top part), and also the height of this? I am going to be using an ENO doublenest or singnest and was wondering if this would work well for the ENO? Also I am not a light guy (about 250) and was hoping that this could support about 300-400 lbs. I hope people can answer fast cuz I really wanna do this!!!

Hammock
    Dangerbird, HHED
    Tarp
    WB Superfly Camo
    Insulation
    HG UQ, SS
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rakmar View Post
    So this is my first DIY project and suck at working with wood. I am debating between the TurtleDog and this one (this one seems more doable). I am going to use this indoors 90% of the time and was wondering about the length of it when it is folded down, the length when it is standing up (the top part), and also the height of this? I am going to be using an ENO doublenest or singnest and was wondering if this would work well for the ENO? Also I am not a light guy (about 250) and was hoping that this could support about 300-400 lbs. I hope people can answer fast cuz I really wanna do this!!!
    I have both and am 260. Either work fine.

The PHS length closed up is the length of your bottom board, mine is 8 ft. The length opened up with 6ft arms is 13' 6" and is 66" high. It will work fine for any hammock and the difference between the two is one will have open and free space underneath the hammock and the PHS won't. I use my PHS indoors too and it works great for my needs. It doesn't use as much overall space as the TurtleDog stand, but is bulkier and heavier.

Hope this helps.

Hammock
    HH-HBPA,2QZQ-Mod2L
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx Spinn
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 & TiGoat
    Suspension
    DIY 7/64" UCR's
    Images
    Original design (6' boards will accommodate standard HH and WB designs):
    -13' tip to tip
    -12' eye to eye
    -5' tip to ground
    Your weight range is not an issue in my experience.
    H4x

"You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins, as quoted by Frodo The Fellowship of the Ring

@Agfadoc thanks a bunch. I have a few more questions. When I am putting it all together is there anything I need to do to make it so it can fold down? I.E. not tighten the bolts a lot. I have never worked with any sort of projects with any hardware whatsoever or tools so I am a bit lost. Also where did you get the material (im thinking lowes or home depot for me) and how much did it cost?

Hammock
    Dangerbird, HHED
    Tarp
    WB Superfly Camo
    Insulation
    HG UQ, SS
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I did mine a while ago, but I think I got it all at Home Depot for less than 60.

The lighter guys could probably get away with the stabilzer bars just butted up to the side of the side arms, I did this initially, but it was wobbly and egged out the hole for me. So I followed what others did and placed the arm stabilzers in line with the arms with 1x4 holding them in place with a small notch.

It doesnot fold as flat, but it works better for bigger guys.

Good luck.

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    UGQ - Printed SilP
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/UGQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckles
    Images
    I built mine using pressure treated 2x4's, and stainless hardware.. and it cost me a hair over $50

Hey yall. I am rather new to the hammock community. I have been search high and low and I can’t seem to find what I am looking for, so I figured I would ask you guys. Has anyone seen a 2x4 phs that will fit in the trunk of a car. Might be far-fetched but that is my next project.

Hammock
    HH-HBPA,2QZQ-Mod2L
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx Spinn
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 & TiGoat
    Suspension
    DIY 7/64" UCR's
    Images
    One could if your back seat folds down and you use tie outs instead of the bottom cross bars to keep it upright. I believe I have picks in the first few entries showing how to tie out the uprights.
    H4x

Hammock
    Blackbird double layer 1.1
    I got bored at work today and made this up after calling the local lumber yard. The pricing is just for lumber. I will get hardware pricing after work tonight.
    HAMMOCK STAND.JPG

• + New Posts
  • Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast