Bridge
    Tarp
    ?
    Insulation
    Not sure yet
    Suspension
    ?

IN>Southern IN>Soon> Hike/Help from bridge hammock owner

Sadly, I was unable to make it to the past Hoosier Hang. I had some car troubles that emptied my wallet for that weekend..

Anyway, my main reason for going was to try out some fellow hanger's set-ups. I had a GT UL hammock, but as far as sleeping goes, I could never get comfortable. I've been told by many that I will probably find a bridge hammock to be more comfortable.

My question for whom it may interest; Would anyone like to bring their hammock out for me to try out? I am always up for a good hike as well(and probably will regardless), but since I sold my hammock, I couldn't spend a night anywhere. I really want to try out a bridge hammock, and learn from someone who knows what they're doing. Show me the set-up, etc. I really regret missing the Hoosier hang but it was out of my control. I'm a total noob, so this would help me out a lot since I plan to buy new gear this summer, probably before another Hoosier hang.

So basically does anyone want to go on a hike with me sometime soon & let me try out their hammock? Preferably somewhere in southern Indiana, near Vincennes. Martin State Forest? Pike State forest? Or?

Possibly this weekend? No school Friday. Easter hike, anyone? Or possibly the next weekend of 04/26-27?
    I believe good gets better.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Hook up with Mule and get on his mailing list. Smaller groups end up heading out with as much or as little notice as this, for good weekenders, throughout the three season pull. We do another HHF Official Hang in October as well. Sometimes I shoot 6 months ahead to try and make a weekend and it still doesn't work out, so don't worry about not making the last one. It's called the Jaws of Life....and we all get caught up in there at one time or another.

As far as I know the State forests and such, here in Indiana, usually keep what camping they allow to campgrounds. Most with a small nightly fee. I use to live out around the lake at Leiber, which put Vince in my back yard. Keep trying. Posting trips and following others. Sooner or later one will match up, somehow somewhere.
    Signature suspended

• + New Posts