Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WB BB vs BB XLC

WB BB vs BB XLC

I just ordered the Warbonnet single layer XLC in multicam. Did some research and decided on this one for the added netting. I live in Florida and the summers can be brutal, so I wanted the added ventilation.

That being said, everything I've seen has said the regular is good for people under 6 feet tall, and the XLC is best for people over 6 feet tall.

I just so happen to be 6 feet tall exactly! Please tell me I made the right choice...

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    You made the right choice.
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Agreed. You will enjoy it.

Hammock
    Camo WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 40*
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps
    You will love it, I'm 6' tall and sold my original BB , for the xlc

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    WB Cinch buckles
    Images
    I'm 6 foot tall (a great tweener height) and I've almost always found going up longer/larger is better.

I had an HH Expedition Classic and found I felt like I was coming out the ends.

so I went XLC for my new hammock and couldn't be happier with it!

Love my XLC! (1.1dbl no overcover)

Hammock
    11' single layer Hammeck
    Suspension
    whoopies FTW!
    see, this is what's killing me... I am NOT 6', I'm 5'8", but I hate being cramped. But I don't want to get a monster hammock if it isn't really necessary either! Ugh... I just can't imagine 4" of height necessitating that much of a difference in hammocks, either... so hard to decide...

Hammock
    Multicam Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps
    5'10" 215, been using WBBB, just got my DL WBBB XLC and logged three blissful nights at around 30-35 degrees overnight. Two great choices. Hope you love yours.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slicktop View Post
    see, this is what's killing me... I am NOT 6', I'm 5'8", but I hate being cramped. But I don't want to get a monster hammock if it isn't really necessary either! Ugh... I just can't imagine 4" of height necessitating that much of a difference in hammocks, either... so hard to decide...
    I am about your height and have never felt cramped in my BB. I have in my HH's. That said going a little longer never hurts. Other. Than the slight weight penalty.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    I'm 6'-5" tall and have had great nights sleep in both

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Unfortunately, nobody can tell you if the BB XLC is the right choice for you. Hammocks and comfort are a very personal thing. Chances are, you won't be unhappy. And if you find that it's not the right hammock for you, sell it and get another one. Warbonnet gear tends to go quickly in the For Sale section. So don't sweat it and look forward to putting your new hammock through its paces, once you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon360 View Post
    That said going a little longer never hurts. Other. Than the slight weight penalty.
    I disagree; I started out with a 10' WB BB and later got several 11' hammocks because everybody raved about the increased comfort. I found that my longer hammocks were easier to hang than my BB, but were not more comfortable (to me). However, I found that my tarps (all with a 11' ridgeline) suddenly didn't provide as much coverage, and I often had to hang them pretty low. I also found that I preferred the lay of my 10' hammock over that of my 11' hammocks.

If you are fine with a smaller hammock, you will not only save weight on the hammock, but you also could get away with a smaller and lighter tarp. If you are using a standard tarp, you will have a lot more coverage and can hang it higher (for a better view).

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast