Hammock
    Hennessy Hyperlite
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20 UQ

2.25.14 I'm giving a talk!

If you're in Portland, I will be giving a talk on 2.25.14 at Next Adventure (corner of SE Stark and Grand) at 7p on my 240km walk along the coast of Portugal and inland Spain on the Camino Portuguese. Not entirely hammock-related, but some of you might enjoy the talk. Lots of photos and stories. Next Adventure will be providing snacks and beverages.
    Blog: www.renegadepilgrim.com
    Tumblr/Instagram/Twitter: renegadepilgrim

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

Hammock
    Multicam Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps
    Gorgeous area, Portugal and Spain. Lived in Spain for some time in a previous chapter of my life. Still have some friends scattered there, maybe time for a visit. Vineyards and sunflower fields as far as the eye can see.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Can't make any promises, but I'll certainly try to make it. A friend of mine is cycling right now through the area. Afterward or before, I'll show off my bit of transportation that I've hammocked with a few times. It's in my avatar.
    Charles

Quest Velomobile QB005

Hammock
    WL, WB, Clark stuff
    Images
    I used to live in Tacoma but now in NC....I would have loved to be there for your presentation.

I'm planning to fly out of Pope AFB here in NC to Rota with my daughter in the summer and spend a few weeks bumming around Spain and/or Portuagal....also thank you for recommending that guide book, so we can enjoy this trip to its fullest. Those pics in your blog of Spain are amazing! I really like your detailed discussion of finances, real world stuff.

Really appreciate it.
    Last edited by outdoorsguy; 02-06-2014 at 07:50.

Hammock
    Hennessy Hyperlite
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20 UQ
    I will hopefully have a whole bunch of posts on my Portugal trip up on the blog later this month. Definitely spend some time in Lisbon and Porto. I adore Portugal. Their coastline is amazing. Eat as much seafood as you can, it's all caught fresh every day. I don't have anything specific to recommend. I do a lot of internet research when work is not busy, so I just find random things. Viana do Castelo (I think that's the name) is a cute town. You could spend a day or two there wandering. Porto, spend a couple days, take the free walking tour and be sure to do some port tasting. The Douro Valley is on my list for next time.
    Blog: www.renegadepilgrim.com
    Tumblr/Instagram/Twitter: renegadepilgrim

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

• + New Posts