Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Any EE top quilt owners here?

Hey everyone!

After a bit of research I really think I am leaning towards a top quilt from EE, but I dont hear as much talk about this company as say HG or UGQ.

For you EE quilt owners, how do you like your quilts from them, and how do they stack up quality wise to HQ and UGQ?

Just trying to put the final nails in my decision on what to buy.

Thanks again all!

---Joe

I picked up one of the 20 degree RevX last fall and I love it. Had it down to 12 and was warm. Lots of loft in them too. No longer available, but If you check out Tim's website, there are many options and price points.

Images
    +2 right there. My RevXLW 20° is amazing. I was saving for a HG TQ at the time but caught a sale on EE and took a shot. I was headed for the HG because I have an incubator UQ but absolutely don't regret the purchase of the EE. You will not either.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL Lefty
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    HG20*3/4UQ-EE30*TQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    All three companies are very well regarded and a negative review or comment would be hard to find for any of them. I have a EE 30* RevX TQ and a HG 20* Phoenix UQ. Both are excellent and i would (will) buy from both companies again.

Some interesting things about EE is how lightweight the quilts are with the new baffle system and the number of sizing, fabric & fill options that can be customized for fit, weight & budget. The topquilts with the zippered footboxcan also be used as an underquilt. I haven't tried this, but its nice to have the option. I knew I had treated myself to something really nice as soon as i put my feet in the footbox, snapped the quilt behind my head, and pulled the drawstring closed around my neck. Com-fy.

This is good to hear. The choices is size and the weight are the key selling points for the EE for me right now it seems. The wide size of 58" gives 3 extra inches over the other two which is a big deal for a man of my size. (6' 290)

Though Im only 6' I think I will go for the long/wide size to get a little extra room to bury my head in this thing if its really cold. Besides weight would there be any disadvantage to going a little long? At 23oz its only 1.5 oz more than the regular wide. What do you guys think ? Still very light when compared to most 20 degree sleeping bags.

The Revx was an older model with a budget price right? I wonder how the new models stack up? They look nice. I think I am looking at the Rev 850DT in long/wide. I know the zipper adds weight, but I think it will be nice to have the versatility of unzipping the footboxk when its a bit warmer out.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ET's
    Quote Originally Posted by 92hatchattack View Post
    This is good to hear. The choices is size and the weight are the key selling points for the EE for me right now it seems. The wide size of 58" gives 3 extra inches over the other two which is a big deal for a man of my size. (6' 290)

Though Im only 6' I think I will go for the long/wide size to get a little extra room to bury my head in this thing if its really cold. Besides weight would there be any disadvantage to going a little long? At 23oz its only 1.5 oz more than the regular wide. What do you guys think ? Still very light when compared to most 20 degree sleeping bags.
    We will make our quilts to fit the size you are looking for...

Just thought i'd throw that out there..
    Missy Lou - Senior Tarp Queen @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    11' gathered end
    Tarp
    Hex 11' DIY
    Insulation
    Revolt/Enigma
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    The RevX was our most affordable down quilt for two years. It's gone because we now offer the same value and affordable price in the 750 version of our down quilts. Same price as our X with the highest quality fabrics and cutting edge design.

Of course I can do custom sizing too but with me you have tons more options before paying for custom work or having to send a dozen emails to figure out sizing.

I got you covered!

-Tim

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Do you ever go to ground? If so, EE's wide quilts have been the ticket for me. A wider quilt is needed if you do so your thought process on the width is spot on.

I owned TQ's from two other great companies prior but now own two diff temp rating EE quilts. Am very happy.

By the way both of mine are Revelation models w/ 10D inner and outer shells. The only one I've seen that could make me switch might be EE's Enigma!

Images

I wouldn't sweat the extra oz. I'm 6'3" 225 and I love having the ability to pull that thing over my head.

The Revx was an older model with a budget price right? I wonder how the new models stack up? They look nice. I think I am looking at the Rev 850DT in long/wide. I know the zipper adds weight, but I think it will be nice to have the versatility of unzipping the footboxk when its a bit warmer out.
    I think you will see they have the same or better quality in their current line of TQs as in the older ones we have mentioned here and the pricing is relatively if not the same. I just caught it at the right time to get something that he was clearing out at a great price. Bargin or not, knowing what I know now, I'd buy whatever I wanted out of his lineup. That's just a fact.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast