Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    I don't know but people need to realize that cottage vendors do not have hundreds of sewing machines all going full speed 24/7. Most likely it is one or two people trying to do everything. When you have a product as good as HG, they will be highly sought after and there will be a wait time. If he spends all his time on the phone and answering emails, that leaves even less time. Be patient.

Stockton, New Jersey (along the Delaware River)
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    HG-4SCCCFT/WBSF
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/JRB MWUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, DW baby
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    Glad you got your issue resolved ... but then most of us knew ya would. Adam and Jenny are a class act, stand behind well made product and well ... are just nice people to know.

Lot of us deal with large companies like Amazon for example and we get use to expecting immediate responses to our inquiries, questions and the like. Breeds impatience I guess. I'd rather deal with folks like Adam & Jenny, Dutch, Paul, the Jacks or Brandon ... even if communications are not at the speed of light! Never have to worry about what I'm getting for my money or that when a glitch happens they'll stand behind it. There's a lot of comfort to me in that.

Just a suggestion to everyone ... if you have a problem with any of these fine folks, take the time to read other people's posts on a vendor ... read their resolutions and suggestions before just lighting a new fuse ... you'll get your issue resolved and with a whole lot less stress and drama.
    The most profound post of this thread....and the half dozen others like it!
    Words of wisdom to absorb.......

Well said, Hawk.......
    "Surround yourself with the best people you can find, delegate authority, and don't interfere."- RONALD REAGAN

"There is new life in the soil for every man. There is healing in the trees for tired minds and for our overburdened spirits, there is strength in the hills, if only we will lift up our eyes. Remember that nature is your great restorer." - CALVIN COOLIDGE

My Backpacking Site

Hammock
    DIY DL 11'
    Tarp
    DIY SilHex
    Insulation
    OWL UQ & Bag as TQ
    Suspension
    7/64th Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    Well, I'll defend them. Get over it. And keep a civil tongue in your head. Just sayin'. I'm done; please do not reply to this post. Thanks.
    Ok, you are welcome.

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    Glad you got your issue resolved ... but then most of us knew ya would. Adam and Jenny are a class act, stand behind well made product and well ... are just nice people to know.

Lot of us deal with large companies like Amazon for example and we get use to expecting immediate responses to our inquiries, questions and the like. Breeds impatience I guess. I'd rather deal with folks like Adam & Jenny, Dutch, Paul, the Jacks or Brandon ... even if communications are not at the speed of light! Never have to worry about what I'm getting for my money or that when a glitch happens they'll stand behind it. There's a lot of comfort to me in that.

Just a suggestion to everyone ... if you have a problem with any of these fine folks, take the time to read other people's posts on a vendor ... read their resolutions and suggestions before just lighting a new fuse ... you'll get your issue resolved and with a whole lot less stress and drama.
    Hawkster, had to ruin everything with intellect and stuff!!!
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    Snipe/Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly/Minifly
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ / HG UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch and Whoopies
    I know my opinion is a drop of rain in the ocean .....but I'm glad it's all ok with them and it is just a email thing cause I'm ready to buy some gear dagnabit.

Hammock
    ENO SingleNest & DoubleNest
    Tarp
    CCS Tundra Tarp
    Insulation
    Exped pads
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas
    Images
    A lot of these posts say things like "be patient". If HG was just taking a couple days to get back to people, that would be fine, but what's made so many people so frustrated is that their calls and e-mails don't get replied to at all because HG doesn't have a good tracking mechanism and forgets about them. That will need to change soon, especially if they have to function with reduced staff for a while.

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    HG CF /W Doors
    Insulation
    HG BR50 IB20
    Suspension
    WB Adjustable Susp
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyYarusso View Post
    A lot of these posts say things like "be patient". If HG was just taking a couple days to get back to people, that would be fine, but what's made so many people so frustrated is that their calls and e-mails don't get replied to at all because HG doesn't have a good tracking mechanism and forgets about them. That will need to change soon, especially if they have to function with reduced staff for a while.

I just got my order and a small loop broke off the first night I used it. It took me 2 days but I got through to Adam this afternoon and he even paid shipping to return the UQ to him. Sorry others are having such a hard time getting through but I can say its worth it if you do!

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    And once again, one of these threads descends into an endless loop of back and forth between those that have an axe to grind and those that step up to defend the fact that cottage vendors are actual people that make mistakes and have lives and families.

Please, folks. If you don't like the way Hammock Gear or any other vendor runs their business, then protest by not spending your money with them, not by endlessly griping in threads like these.

Hammock
    ENO SingleNest & DoubleNest
    Tarp
    CCS Tundra Tarp
    Insulation
    Exped pads
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nfarrar View Post
    Sorry others are having such a hard time getting through but I can say its worth it if you do!
    Agreed - the quilts and tarp I got are great, and Adam went out of his way to get a loaner tarp to me to use for a trip while I waited for mine that was backordered. I saw the other side too though, with a couple of unanswered e-mails about other stuff first. The quality (both in product and service once reached) is totally there, just not consistency at the moment. I think at this point I'd order from them again, but might be wary if I had a tight timeline, and would hesitate to recommend them to somebody new even though I'd want to because they might end up being one of the people with a bad experience. So, hopefully they can find some ways to streamline the communications piece, because as these threads show it's clearly starting to get in the way of people who otherwise could have been giddily pleased customers like so many before them.

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post
    And once again, one of these threads descends into an endless loop of back and forth between those that have an axe to grind and those that step up to defend the fact that cottage vendors are actual people that make mistakes and have lives and families.

Please, folks. If you don't like the way Hammock Gear or any other vendor runs their business, then protest by not spending your money with them, not by endlessly griping in threads like these.
    +1

This complaining stuff almost amuses me.
    Don't like it, don't order from them.
    Like their stuff, hang in there.
    In a hurry? You're rolling the dice with time pressuring a cottage vendor.

If you have "special considerations" like a deadline, tell them up front with the order. Heck, the Contact Us page even asks folks to chill after an order.

A relative ordered me a top quilt on Black Friday as a Christmas gift, was fortunate enough to actually get it on Christmas. Been using that sexy downy goodness every day since. Point being, for every complaint I'll wager there are 100 or more happy customers out there, I know I'm one!
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast