WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    20* Wooki; 20* UGQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles

New Blackbird Hammock Question INTERESTING UPDATE ADDED

I received my new WBBB 1.7 DL today in the mail and OF COURSE I had to go ahead and set it up in my backyard to give it a try!!

Here is my question: It seems that my Blackbird hammock is made differently that a lot of the pictures and videos I have seen on the internet. The no-see-um mesh extends further down on both sides of the hammock than what I have seen online (all the way to the zipper). Am I crazy or has this changed??

I am fine with it as it allows a lot more visibility I am sure than the old style but was just wondering if this was a recent change or whatever.

Nevertheless I was SO COMFORTABLE in the hammock and thought about sleeping out there tonight but I need more time to get my guy lines ready for my Mamajamba tarp and we are having friends over for dinner so the time was just not there. But I can't wait until my first hang!

EDIT: New Update on Page 3
    Last edited by MississipVol; 02-09-2014 at 00:26.

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by MississipVol View Post
    I received my new WBBB 1.7 DL today in the mail and OF COURSE I had to go ahead and set it up in my backyard to give it a try!!

Here is my question: It seems that my Blackbird hammock is made differently that a lot of the pictures and videos I have seen on the internet. The no-see-um mesh extends further down on both sides of the hammock than what I have seen online (all the way to the zipper). Am I crazy or has this changed??

I am fine with it as it allows a lot more visibility I am sure than the old style but was just wondering if this was a recent change or whatever.

Nevertheless I was SO COMFORTABLE in the hammock and thought about sleeping out there tonight but I need more time to get my guy lines ready for my Mamajamba tarp and we are having friends over for dinner so the time was just not there. But I can't wait until my first hang!
    That's the way the new Blackbird XLCs are made, but I don't remember hearing that the regular Blackbirds were being done that way. You sure you didn't get shipped an XLC by accident?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    20* Wooki; 20* UGQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post
    That's the way the new Blackbird XLCs are made, but I don't remember hearing that the regular Blackbirds were being done that way. You sure you didn't get shipped an XLC by accident?
    I took a few pics while I had it up and compared those to the XLC and it actually looks just like the XLC pictures. I looked at my order again and I DID order the Blackbird so I don't know if they make them same now or what??

How can I tell if it is a new BB or a XLC? I have it packed up again now but would like to check when I have it out again.

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    I took a few pics while I had it up and compared those to the XLC and it actually looks just like the XLC pictures. I looked at my order again and I DID order the Blackbird so I don't know if they make them same now or what??

How can I tell if it is a new BB or a XLC? I have it packed up again now but would like to check when I have it out again.
    XLC is longer. Also, I the bug net for the XLC zips all the way around and comes off.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    20* Wooki; 20* UGQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by silentorpheus View Post
    XLC is longer. Also, I the bug net for the XLC zips all the way around and comes off.
    So I wonder if there is a label anywhere I could check too. I really didn't notice the length all that much when I had it up but, then again, this is my first hammock so I don't know that I would have noticed.

So should I be happy if it is a XLC ?? Like I said, I noticed the increased visibility but I also know the XLC is about 5 oz. heavier and I wanted to stay as light as possible. I am thinking too that it would be cooler with the increased mesh.

I am 5'10" so I don't know that I need the extra length. But is it better to have the longer hammock or for any other features?

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    How much do you weigh ? You could probably use the the 1.1 dbl.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    20* Wooki; 20* UGQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    How much do you weigh ? You could probably use the the 1.1 dbl.
    Actually I asked Brandon and he said I could go 1.1 DL but he suggested the 1.7 at my weight because it would be more comfortable.

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Yes, you should be very happy if it is a xlc
    We would be one step closer to world peace, if everyone slept in a hammock..

Hammock
    DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    So I wonder if there is a label anywhere I could check too. I really didn't notice the length all that much when I had it up but, then again, this is my first hammock so I don't know that I would have noticed.

So should I be happy if it is a XLC ?? Like I said, I noticed the increased visibility but I also know the XLC is about 5 oz. heavier and I wanted to stay as light as possible. I am thinking too that it would be cooler with the increased mesh.

I am 5'10" so I don't know that I need the extra length. But is it better to have the longer hammock or for any other features?
    I don't think they're labelled anywhere as to the model.

Yeah, it's tough to judge length without actually measuring. Best bet is to check and see if the zipper extends all the way around, or just on one side.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    20* Wooki; 20* UGQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Here is me lying in the hammock this afternoon.

Maybe you experienced guys can tell me which one it looks like:

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast