Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle Zip XL
    Tarp
    MacCat deluxe
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    I had a supershelter for my HH. I admit I was surprised at how warm it was, but I found it changed the lay of the hammock, for me - it made it more restricted on the width, and I couldn't get as comfortable with it on. I use a yeti quilt from warbonnet now, and I like it much better.

Hammock
    WB BB 1.7DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 0 Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I set up my new HH Explorer with the SS last night for the first time and I slept very comfortably and warm. The night started at -10C and continually warmed to -1C by 7am. I did use the Emergency Blanket above the foam (as suggested by HH). My TQ is a Down Blanket that MEC heavily discounted and discontinued last summer (an awesome purple colour - bought 2!). Once everything was set up there is no fiddly adjustment factor.

I do have a HG 0 Incubator for my WB BB 1.7 DL but after last night I see no need to purchase a UQ for my HH.

Cheers

Hammock
    Hennessy Hammock Backpacker UL
    Tarp
    Stock Diamond Tarp
    Insulation
    HHSS
    Suspension
    Stock
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian View Post
    Thanks, guys. After reading cochinchine's post, I went back and watched the HH Supershelter videos again, and am liking the idea of a less expensive way to keep warm and dry underneath without having to get a bigger tarp or buy an additional sock beyond an already expensive under quilt purchase.

I'm going to take some time, watch this thread for more input, do more homework, and then decide.

Thank you guys for your help. Both, those that already posted and those that have yet to offer advice.
    Damian, I agree with cochinchine and some of the others - the HHSS is a simple, easy to use, inexpensive, and fairly lightweight system to use with a HH. I've had similar experiences with temperature limits, and frankly if you're going to go colder a simple CCF pad will do the trick. Score a +1 for no fiddle with the system, also.