Hammock
    Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    noah16/HH hex
    Insulation
    0 incubator/costco
    Suspension
    whoopies n straps
    I guess what I didn't/don't understand is, Deroza's post seemed to infer that the bullfrog from wilderness logics had 12' ridgeline for only 5 dollars more, but when I looked, it seems that the bullfrog is $5 more for a 10' ridgeline, which is a foot SHORTER than the SF. The bullfrog also doesn't come standard with side pullouts, which would cost extra as well. It seems that to make the Bullfrog match the SF, it would cost $170, which is an 11' ridgeline, just like the SF. a 12 ft RL can be accomplished for another $10...
    I am not trying to disrespect or disregard any vendor, but I just don't understand. It seems that there are a few tarps out there that are similar in cost and design, I wanted to know if I was missing something that makes the 40 additional cost for the Bullfrog something to consider over the SF; my interest was peeked after Deroza's post. I hope no reader or vendor takes this post in any other manner except a newer hanger in need of tarps trying to understand the differences before purchasing anything
    “All grown-ups were once children... but only few of them remember it.”

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Oh, we just need another gear gathering at MAHHA.
    Set'em all up and check'em all out.

There's no mystery on the pricing that can't be solved with a quick phone call to Marty or whomever. Maybe it's the triple cat cut/door thing, or...

The bullfrog is obviously more expensive because frog skin is a pain to stitch up and it takes a bunch of hides to make a good sized tarp? 😁

You bringing a pizza ston & fixin's ??? Hmmmmm??? 😃
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

Hammock
    DH thunderbird, TTTG switchback
    Tarp
    OMW
    Insulation
    pads, -25*UQ,0*TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies, straps
    No worries here. My relating info is for a matter of size of tarps with comparable prices. 12' RL Make a big difference esp I winter.

Hammock
    Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    noah16/HH hex
    Insulation
    0 incubator/costco
    Suspension
    whoopies n straps
    I am strongly thinking of bringing a pizza stone or 2!! My only fear is there will be a lot more poeple at this hang than the last. I might be making pizza into the morning to have enough for all. Plus, I just got a new dutch oven that is beggingg to be cooked in. But yeah, there is a good chance that pizza will be on the menu. Speaking of hangs, that was a tablecloth hammock u made, the one I tried, right? That thing was comfy. I need to make one of those!

Hammock
    Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    noah16/HH hex
    Insulation
    0 incubator/costco
    Suspension
    whoopies n straps
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRozea View Post
    No worries here. My relating info is for a matter of size of tarps with comparable prices. 12' RL Make a big difference esp I winter.
    I bet it does. I'm probably over thinking all this. I just know I need tarps bc I only

Hammock
    Dutch Argon
    Tarp
    noah16/HH hex
    Insulation
    0 incubator/costco
    Suspension
    whoopies n straps
    Quote Originally Posted by DeRozea View Post
    I bet it does. I'm probably over thinking all this. I just know I need tarps bc I only have one, and it's not great. Would love one that winterized nicely, as well as covered me and the lady nicely. That smokehouse honeymoon is the best thing I see so far. Perhaps my answer is to stop trying to look for one tarp to fit the bill for all, and find 2 that get it all done proper

Hammock
    DH thunderbird, TTTG switchback
    Tarp
    OMW
    Insulation
    pads, -25*UQ,0*TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies, straps
    I had 2 months of drawing pics from vendors and writing down info before I decided on my winter tent.(old man winter), after was a general monstrosity in kelty noah 16x16. 75$ and 2.5 lbs good for car camping, pulk pulling in winter. had 2 of us under it last weekend with room for 2 more. my goal now is a summer backpacking tarp. (tadpole or edge, maybe I find something else) haven't figured that yet but I have more hammocks than tarps... so I need 2 more. interested in seeing what Sean from oxgear can do as well.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Already have the tarp! Custom OES in SpinnTex (UL), 11 x 10 and 12 x 10. Both cat-cut with 5 tie outs per side. The 12 x 10 is long enough to pull ends into a door configuration. Bomb proof material. Non-stretch when wet.
    Unfortunately, I don't think they are not made anymore as Brian ran out of material and could not find any that met material requirements. And OES seems to be slow on response here lately.
    My 2-cents worth.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pinballwizard View Post
    I am strongly thinking of bringing a pizza stone or 2!! My only fear is there will be a lot more poeple at this hang than the last. I might be making pizza into the morning to have enough for all. Plus, I just got a new dutch oven that is beggingg to be cooked in. But yeah, there is a good chance that pizza will be on the menu. Speaking of hangs, that was a tablecloth hammock u made, the one I tried, right? That thing was comfy. I need to make one of those!
    Yep, Swamp Thing...the big green hammock.

Although too wide, the extra width and length produce noticeably less shoulder squeeze than many other hammocks.

Have only cooked a couple times in my dutch oven, learning a few tricks from NJRedneck. Trying to figure out a good dessert recipe.
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

Tarp
    Noah's 12
    Insulation
    Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I just love my Noah's Tarp 12 in the ways of protection and durability
    "And here we see a wily bovine in it's natural habitat, always vigilant..." My Father

ಠ_ಠ-When I see a good hang

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast