WBBB
    Tarp
    OES 12 x 10
    Insulation
    JRB Mt.Washington4
    Suspension
    Whoopie/UCR

Offsetting bug net when double hanging.

We had our first outing with the new OES tarp last weekend and hung our hammocks side-by-side. Everything worked out really well. I even figured out a way to keep my bug net directly above me. I usually clip the net to a ridgeline that hangs loosely under the tarp. When there are two hammocks under a tarp, neither is directly under the ridgeline. This time I clipped the net to the ridgeline like there was only one hammock, then a ran an elastic cord between the two points where the net is help up, and staked the center of that line out to pull the net over the hammock. I use prusiks on the ridgeline to adjust the tension on the net, so I was able to stake the net to the side and adjust it at the ridgeline. I modifed my wife's SB UL by adding squares of grosgrain ribbon to the net and running an elastic cord through it to clip to another set of prusiks on the tarp ridgeline. Her's didn't seem to need to be pulled to the side. I don't have any detailed photos of the mod to the SB, but if I get some I'll add them in a thread in the SB subforum.
    The head trees we used were about 5' apart. That was fine if the tarp was high and wide, but the first night I pitched it lower and tied a cord to the ring buckles of the head ends to pull them closer together.
    The tarp was pitched between the head trees by tying a string between the trees with an alpine butterfly loop in the middle that I ran the tarps line through.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by miisterwright; 05-30-2009 at 04:16. Reason: photos

• + New Posts