Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Blows my mind too to be able to get that low a Jarbrige
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Is this meant for diagonal sleeping?
    I got mine friday, and it's narrower than I was expecting.
    When sleeping diagonal, I tried that twisty thing where one corner is closer to the gathered end, but in that configuration, it ended up sliding up the side in the middle of the night and I woke up to warm shoulder, cold butt.
    Am I doing it wrong, or is this intended more for banana posture like in the video on the AHE site?
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, as I'm new to underquilts and bought this one after the recommendation in the "budget UQ" thead.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1/1.7, WBRR 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/WP +S.fly
    Insulation
    HG 0,20+AHJB+DIY
    Suspension
    buckle/whoopie
    It is meant for diagonal sleeping. What kind of hammock do you have? It works perfectly in the Warbonnet Blackbird and my Yukon Outfitters Mosquito hammock.
    Adjust your suspension on the and make it longer possibly. Play around with the suspension to lock it in place, or you can go with Dutch's quilt hooks

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    It is absolutely intended to be used on the diagonal. If the quilt is slipping then most likely one line or another is pulled to tightly.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Is this meant for diagonal sleeping?
    I hope so, that's how I use mine.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    WB DL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Jarbridge, Incub20
    Suspension
    Web Susp
    I've had no problem laying diag with the jarbridge on my bb xlc. Have used it from 55-30 and have no issues so far (except when the dog walked under and pushed my son's off). Dialed it in on my deck. Will spend the next two nights out on the deck (31 & 26) then first test out in the woods.

Looking forward to it and a big thanks to Paul. I may ordering a couple of TQ if my son can look pitiful enough. She has become immune to my charm!

Quote Originally Posted by climbing.kevin View Post
    It is meant for diagonal sleeping. What kind of hammock do you have? It works perfectly in the Warbonnet Blackbird and my Yukon Outfitters Mosquito hammock.
    Adjust your suspension on the and make it longer possibly. Play around with the suspension to lock it in place, or you can go with Dutch's quilt hooks
    I'm trying to use this with a hammock bliss no-seeum no more, with the ends replaced with whoopie's. Not a particularly long hammock at 4'11'' x 9'10'' really but the bungees on the end of the uq are quite tight, even when they are fully extended. Maybe I need longer bungee? I have a roll of bungee, so that's not a problem if that's what I need. I have the mini-biners clipped right at the gathered end like the video on AHE. I will freely admit this is probably something I'm doing wrong as I have no experience with uq's.

I'm new to hammocks, with my only previous experience being a bridge net hammock I used to sleep in, in college indoor, strung under my loft bed that got too hot in the summer, so experiencing cold butt is new to me.

Can you explain the quilt hooks? I'm not sure how that would be used. I'm a squirmy sleeper generally speaking, so something that would hold this in place would be great for me.

Hammock
    diy, hk2001,bmbh
    Tarp
    diy hex or aysym
    Insulation
    diy's,jarbidge!!!!
    Suspension
    whoops, ucr, dutch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by howzithangin View Post
    I'm trying to use this with a hammock bliss no-seeum no more, with the ends replaced with whoopie's. Not a particularly long hammock at 4'11'' x 9'10'' really but the bungees on the end of the uq are quite tight, even when they are fully extended. Maybe I need longer bungee? I have a roll of bungee, so that's not a problem if that's what I need. I have the mini-biners clipped right at the gathered end like the video on AHE. I will freely admit this is probably something I'm doing wrong as I have no experience with uq's.

I'm new to hammocks, with my only previous experience being a bridge net hammock I used to sleep in, in college indoor, strung under my loft bed that got too hot in the summer, so experiencing cold butt is new to me.

Can you explain the quilt hooks? I'm not sure how that would be used. I'm a squirmy sleeper generally speaking, so something that would hold this in place would be great for me.
    you are not using a ridgeline right? if so thats your problem- a almost 10' span is allot for most UQ's. adding a ridgline would shorten your hammy and create a better fit.

Quote Originally Posted by nuttysquirrel View Post
    you are not using a ridgeline right? if so thats your problem- a almost 10' span is allot for most UQ's. adding a ridgline would shorten your hammy and create a better fit.
    You're right I don't use one yet. I'm still trying to settle on my hang, and once I do, I'll set a ridgeline to find it again and hang a tarp. But I don't understand how using one changes the distance between the end, my butt and the other end. Does it? Do I need to just try it to understand?

Hammock
    diy, hk2001,bmbh
    Tarp
    diy hex or aysym
    Insulation
    diy's,jarbidge!!!!
    Suspension
    whoops, ucr, dutch
    Images
    http://theultimatehang.com/wp-conten...ock-basics.jpg notice how the shock cord will want to angle up and not follow the entire length of the hammy? if you are still having issues try adding a little shock cord to your suspention.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast