Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sell forum requirement,

I think we should remove the requirement in order to sell, or perhaps reduce it, I can see why it is there, but it sort of premotes spam posting if someone really just wants to sell on here,.I am just suggesting that we remove it/reduce it perhaps.
    Last edited by bootstick; 02-16-2014 at 20:19.

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Most of us like it fine. Participate for a bit and it is easy to hit 50 posts. Just don't post junk as the posts may get pulled so you will never get there. The mods do watch the posts.
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by nothermark View Post
    Most of us like it fine. Participate for a bit and it is easy to hit 50 posts. Just don't post junk as the posts may get pulled so you will never get there. The mods do watch the posts.
    I can see your point, I appreciate your input : ). I guess ill just have make a couple more posts and i'll be there

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer UL
    Tarp
    DIY Winter Dream
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/JCP TQ
    Suspension
    WS/MSH
    Images
    And just a friendly suggestion...you might want to remove what you are selling from this post so nobody makes the assumption that you are using this post to circumvent the rules. I'm not accusing you of that at all...like i said just a friendly suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by bowl-maker View Post
    And just a friendly suggestion...you might want to remove what you are selling from this post so nobody makes the assumption that you are using this post to circumvent the rules. I'm not accusing you of that at all...like i said just a friendly suggestion.
    Thanks I did that, That would have sucked If I get introuble for that . Thanks for the help

Formerly octothorpesarus mudsocks's Avatar
    Images
    Yes. We watch these things very closely and don't appreciate you gaming the system. This forum doesn't exist as a place to sell items. It is a discussion forum for hammocks and hammock related topics. People that have 50 posts that have contributed to discussions on the forums, and have earned the ability to sell items here.

Quote Originally Posted by octothorpesarus View Post
    Yes. We watch these things very closely and don't appreciate you gaming the system. This forum doesn't exist as a place to sell items. It is a discussion forum for hammocks and hammock related topics. People that have 50 posts that have contributed to discussions on the forums, and have earned the ability to sell items here.
    I understand, I was just wondering if it was possible, This is a great learning center for all things hammock : ). Thanks for your response I appreciate it

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    The rule is in place so folks have a little time to get to know you. A couple of weeks ago someone made 35 posts in less than an hour and guess where the 36th post was? That's right, in the For Sale section.

Personally, I found it a bit unethical and a deliberate attempt to circumvent the spirit of the rule. I certainly wouldn't buy anything from someone who games the system.

In your case, you are posting your issue with the rule so that's a bit more transparent, but it still could be viewed as gaming the system.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    The rule is in place so folks have a little time to get to know you. A couple of weeks ago someone made 35 posts in less than an hour and guess where the 36th post was? That's right, in the For Sale section.

Personally, I found it a bit unethical and a deliberate attempt to circumvent the spirit of the rule. I certainly wouldn't buy anything from someone who games the system.

In your case, you are posting your issue with the rule so that's a bit more transparent, but it still could be viewed as gaming the system.
    Ah i'm sorry then, I'll close this thread, I don't really want to get any negative rep here. Have a great day/night guys.

Hammock
    WB Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    AHE Quilts
    Images
    In the online world all anyone is, is a screen name. Post counts, join dates, and actual meaningful contributions to a forum are decent indicators of whether a transaction will go smoothly or be a pain in the a$$.
    "In the beginning, all America was Virginia." -William Byrd

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast