Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    There are some instructions for the original BB sack on Jeff's site.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I should clarify, I don't keep my uqs in my bishopbags...usually. I started storing my quilts separately when I started trying to get into smaller and smaller packs; any port in a storm. Eay is right about the lump being squishy and easy to manipulate. Shouldn't be of any concern unless you are really trying to get into a small pack.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    My straps are detachable, & are (theoretically) the only part of my set up that gets wet.
    If dry, the straps just get left attached & put in the BB sack with everything else. If wet, they jut go in the top of the pack till I can dry them, & being nylon, they dry way fast if given the chance, usually during lunch break if it has stopped raining. Which is also a good time to dry out the tarp a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    OK, I've been reading various threads that promote the idea of using either a black bishop bags or large snakeskins, to stuff one's entire hammock setup into. This includes the hammock, top quilt and under quilt. While this sounds super convenient, I have two misgivings. Mind you, I'm a newbie, so these are only theoretical misgivings.

One concern is what do you do with wet straps? How do they co-habitate with your down quilts? Do straps, rings, buckles, etc. snag your gossamer momentum quilt covers?

Second concern is that this practice would create a huge lump of gear that would be hard to handle. It would seam to me that having three smaller packages (hammock, top quilt, and UQ) one could pack their backpack more efficiently.

What's the scoop?
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB and Warbonnet Traveler
    Tarp
    MacCat Custom Spin
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ/Nunatak TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lori View Post
    With the double ended stuff sack that came with my BB, I leave the foot end biner and a few inches of strap hanging out, and the head end strap and biner stuffed all the way in, so I don't have to wonder which is the foot and end up hanging the direction opposite to how I want it to go. Nor do I have to mark or tape the end to identify it. Used to have a bit of duct tape on the foot end rope of my HH.
    That's exactly what I do, except that I leave the 'biner at the head end out. That's only because I like setting the foot end up last to facilitate having the foot end slightly higher on the tree and not just with tensioning.
    I my Warbonnet

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Zeti UQ & WM bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    I have a red biner on my head end and a purple biner on the foot end. Easy to remember red for head.... I leave both biners hanging out a bit... I don't have an UQ in the bag as my homemade UQ is just too fat to fit

Hammock
    HH Ultra light
    Tarp
    stock tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ Potomic
    Images
    Ok so where can you get a double ended stuff sack? I looked online for a little bit, but i was coming up with nothing? anyone have an idea?

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JEVanHorn View Post
    Ok so where can you get a double ended stuff sack? I looked online for a little bit, but i was coming up with nothing? anyone have an idea?
    Warbonnet provides them when you buy a hammock. He may sell you just a stuff sack. He is the only source that I am aware of.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JEVanHorn View Post
    Sooo easy to make. Easier than a regular stuff sack. Just make a tube by joining the two sides with a plain ol straight stitch. Then just sew the drawcord channels and you're done. Good project to learn to make gear; easy and rewarding.
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12