diy gathered end
    Tarp
    WL big daddy
    Insulation
    HG incubator
    Suspension
    ucr's

Underquilts.com lewis quilt

Hello all! I am thinking of purchasing the lewis uq from underquilts.com pre made with the down already stuffed. I did a search and could not drum up much in the way of a review for the pre made version. I've read the shells are top notch. But as far as the weight and bulk of the duck down compared to the goose down I would like some info. If anyone has any or could point me in the direction of some it would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sadrian View Post
    Hello all! I am thinking of purchasing the lewis uq from underquilts.com pre made with the down already stuffed. I did a search and could not drum up much in the way of a review for the pre made version. I've read the shells are top notch. But as far as the weight and bulk of the duck down compared to the goose down I would like some info. If anyone has any or could point me in the direction of some it would be much appreciated. Thank you!

I went with the Lewis shells before he started offering them fully finished and like i said in my review the craftmanship was AWESOME, That being said, i did order 2 of the fully finished topquilts with the duck down in a winter rated wieght thats good for 5 degrees and up.
    Needless to say that the quality of the topquilt is outstanding and i am not sure of the actuall wieght,but i was surprised at how light it is.
    At first i thought that it could not possably keep me warm , as i expected it to be much heavier feeling but i did get a chance to try it out one night so far this winter.
    Wearing a set of thermals, wool socks, fleece pants with a light fleece blanket i found myself comfortably warm all night as the low temp hit 14 degrees, the hardest thing was getting out of the hammock for natures calling as i was ssooooo warm that i did not want to get out!
    I think overall the tq might average a few ounces heavier than higher rated powerfill goose down but while considering the quality of the quilt and the awesome price it is a no brainer for me and my wife,, i would highly reccomend Underquilts.com to anyone and everyone, i have a custom made tarp from them as well, you can check it out in the first link in my sig below !
    I would buy from Underquilts.com again and in fact plan on it!
    IMO, You cannot go wrong for the price

I hope this helps..

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I have one in coyote brown, 0* and love it. It has draft collars and it keeps me toasty warm.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    ENO DN or DIY 11' CS90
    Tarp
    Oware/Speer Winter
    Insulation
    Underquilts.com
    Suspension
    Whoopie hooks
    Images
    Man, anytime someone asks about underqults.com, Zilla is right there with the glowing review!

Seriously though, Dave makes a really high quality product for a very reasonable price. I haven't sampled the pre-stuffed variety. But, knowing the attention to detail in his shells, I can only imagine that he put a lot of thought into the pre-stuffed versions to offer the most bang for the buck.

Hammock
    diy gathered end
    Tarp
    WL big daddy
    Insulation
    HG incubator
    Suspension
    ucr's
    Perfect that's pretty much what I needed to seal the deal! Thank you guys so much! Im getting one of his 20 quilts. Im super excited as this is my first underquilt. I gotta feel the "downy goodness" everyone has been talking about! Thanks again!

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by overthinker View Post
    Man, anytime someone asks about underqults.com, Zilla is right there with the glowing review!

Seriously though, Dave makes a really high quality product for a very reasonable price. I haven't sampled the pre-stuffed variety. But, knowing the attention to detail in his shells, I can only imagine that he put a lot of thought into the pre-stuffed versions to offer the most bang for the buck.
    Dont overthink it, alot of the venders here work real hard to deliver a quality product with great customer service, i happen to believe ( and know ) that Dave works very hard to offer a good product and great customer service, i know he takes great pride in his work and i truly believe everything i have said in my reviews, I have also given Gary at readystrap.com a few outstanding reviews as well as Dutch several times now.
    These are my 3 favorite venders, Everyone of them has shown me more than once that they are top of the line venders with great products and customer service that goes beyond what i have found anywhere else !!
    That being said i will continue to endorse each one of them any chance i get because THEY DESERVE IT and have earned it from me ! PERIOD!! I am sure there are other venders that are as good at what they do as these three but i have not yet had any personal experiance with any that have impressed me , in fact i have been disapointed by another vender but i do not believe in posting negative comments so i do not do negative reviews, there are enough other members that like to bash people and thats not my thing!,,, Oh crap, i almost forgot Stu over at whoopie slings.com,, another really nice guy and one of the fastest shippers out there !! He deserves to be on the *good* list as well !
    Last edited by Zilla; 02-20-2014 at 21:52.

Hammock
    diy gathered end
    Tarp
    WL big daddy
    Insulation
    HG incubator
    Suspension
    ucr's
    All good info! I really appreciate the quick responses. I'm sure I will be delighted with the new quilt. Now to break the news to my wife I need some cash for new gear..... hmmmm

I also have decided to go with Dave on a Lewis UQ but cant decide on a Winter (0) or 3 seasons (20). Could someone recommend one or the other. This will be my first UQ and my coldest temps I will be hanging in are around 25F

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joshuadm View Post
    I also have decided to go with Dave on a Lewis UQ but cant decide on a Winter (0) or 3 seasons (20). Could someone recommend one or the other. This will be my first UQ and my coldest temps I will be hanging in are around 25F
    Personally i would go with the winter quilt, you can allways loosen the draft collars if it gets too warm and if it happens to drop lower you will be covered and ready, the wieght differance is really not that much imo, i have a lewis uq and a barnesby tq and both are winter wieghts and i love them

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Dave ,( Lost_biker ) from Underquilts.com has asked me to post this anouncment about his website and email services,. They are DOWN !!
    Daves internet service has been down since saturday , late evening, his internet provider has told him that half of the small town that he lives in does not have internet service due to severe flooding in that area. They have assured him that they are working on it and should have service returned within another day or so.
    Dave would like to apolagize for any inconvinance this may have caused anyone who may have tried to contact him or place an order on his website.
    He would also like to add that he has not stopped working on current orders and everyone who had placed an order before last saturday will recieve thier order in the time frame given at the time of ordering.
    If you placed an order after saturday and have not heard back from him will recieve a responce as soon as the internet service is restored
    Everyones paitence is greatly apreciated.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast