Dutch Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    JRB univeral
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by krshome View Post
    CoreyR yes never to late fir this trip we would love to have you join us. Just keep an eye on this thread. More talk will probably start closer to the time of the trip. BTW welcome to the forum.
    Well, thank you very much, can I trouble you to email me the map at [email protected]?
    Thanks again

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Thinking about bringing the wife and daughter, daughter will almost be 11 at the time of trip. Anyone else doing this? It might be the only way I can swing it.

Also, I will probably have to meet with you all Friday evening, possibly I could be in camp before the group arrives. The wife and daughter will be in a tent, daughter maybe a hammock. Is this ok?
    Last edited by fiveonomo; 03-13-2014 at 10:20. Reason: Forgot something
    "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker.
    It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." - Ronald Reagan

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB univeral
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    I have a silly question. Since it is a river float and my truck shall be at one end and I and my kayak shall end up at the opposite end. I am assuming we shall be able to work out some shutteling back and forth when done? I have a quad cab truck myself and am not opposed to helping out with this, if someone can tell me where I need to be.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Same here, and I have a quad can as well. I'm sure we will all be able to work it out.
    "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker.
    It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." - Ronald Reagan

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB univeral
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by fiveonomo View Post
    Same here, and I have a quad can as well. I'm sure we will all be able to work it out.
    Cool, I had assume folks would be able to work something out but ya just never know.
    I see that you are in Powhatan. I am in Chesterfield, right down the road. Do you ever float the Appomattox?

Hammock
    DH Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Great! Bus driver
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyR View Post
    I have a silly question. Since it is a river float and my truck shall be at one end and I and my kayak shall end up at the opposite end. I am assuming we shall be able to work out some shutteling back and forth when done? I have a quad cab truck myself and am not opposed to helping out with this, if someone can tell me where I need to be.
    We will work it all out the morning of. The takeout parking is very small and can only hold maybe 5 cars. most cars will stay at the put in's, the cars at the take out will shuttle just people back to get their cars. I have done a canoe shuttle on this river hundreds of times and it will work out perfectly.
    Thinking about bringing the wife and daughter, daughter will almost be 11 at the time of trip. Anyone else doing this? It might be the only way I can swing it.
    Sure I thing Visionary is bringing his kids too.
    Also, I will probably have to meet with you all Friday evening, possibly I could be in camp before the group arrives. The wife and daughter will be in a tent, daughter maybe a hammock. Is this ok?
    I don't know what time you will arrive but our camp will be after the #8 parking area, so you would load up you canoe and float 1/8-1/4 mile to camp. I would think that we would be a camp by 5 or 6. If you get there to early you may set up in the wrong area.
    Well, thank you very much, can I trouble you to email me the map at [email protected]?
    Thanks again
    Did you get it?
    Cool, I had assume folks would be able to work something out but ya just never know.
    I see that you are in Powhatan. I am in Chesterfield, right down the road. Do you ever float the Appomattox?
    Just so we don't get off subject here can we please use PM's for non trip questions. Thanks all

Hammock
    BMBH UL
    Tarp
    SupaFly
    Insulation
    Flight jacket Zepp
    Suspension
    diy whoopie& strap
    Images

I plan on doing this but with two daughters, all of us will be in hammocks. Most likely we will be meeting up at camp Friday, unless I can talk the wide into taking off Friday.

Krshome what time are you wanting to shove off Friday morning so ill know
    It's not the fall im scared of, it's the sudden stop at the end!!!

Only hang as high as your willing to fall- H.F. member

Hammock
    Tarp
    JRB univeral
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    [QUOTE=

Did you get it?

Just so we don't get off subject here can we please use PM's for non trip questions. Thanks all[/QUOTE]

Yes, I did
    ...and, you're right. My apologies.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Corey, I didn't see where you were from until you said you were in chesterfield. I grew up there, Enon to be exact. I work for Chesterfield County Fire & EMS. I Went to Thomas Dale, class of 89. Grew up on the Appomattox but have not floated it in many years. My buddies have power boats and some times I will go out with them, usually put in at Dutch Gap or Hopewell. Cool to see someone else from home on here.

Hammock
    DH Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Krshome what time are you wanting to shove off Friday morning so ill know[/QUOTE]

Was thinking meet at put in by 10:30 AM no later. After shuttling the cars should be in the water by 11:15 if all goes well. The float is 8 ish miles the first day so hoping to be in camp by 5-5:30 ish. I'll be doing some fishing so ill be in no rush to get down river. Things can change as the trip approaches we can go earlier or maybe a little later. Feed back welcome

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast