Tarp
    HG WP3, WBSF, HHex
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies, buckles
    Images

XLC Initial Impression

My new XLC arrived a couple of weeks ago, but finally had time today to unbox it and rig it up on the indoor TDS... my initial impression after getting in: "Man, this thing has a huge footbox!!"

I only have my HH Exp Deluxe to compare with - and that hammock is not small - but the XLC seems cavernous in the footbox relative to my HH - and I'm 6'-4" tall.

I like the XLC bugnet, shelf and tie-outs better than my HH also, but I'm not yet sold on the over cover. Without a double zipper, it appears that it might be hard to vent - and a bit claustrophobic. I'm thinking I'll only use it in sub 20F degree weather, but I'll test it some.

All in all, I think I'll like it... hope to test rig my HG and JRB underquilts this week and do a test sleep before next backpack trip in March.

Good stuff.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly/Edge
    Insulation
    Yeti/Burrow/Woobie
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by hawghangar View Post
    My new XLC arrived a couple of weeks ago, but finally had time today to unbox it and rig it up on the indoor TDS... my initial impression after getting in: "Man, this thing has a huge footbox!!"

I only have my HH Exp Deluxe to compare with - and that hammock is not small - but the XLC seems cavernous in the footbox relative to my HH - and I'm 6'-4" tall.

I like the XLC bugnet, shelf and tie-outs better than my HH also, but I'm not yet sold on the over cover. Without a double zipper, it appears that it might be hard to vent - and a bit claustrophobic. I'm thinking I'll only use it in sub 20F degree weather, but I'll test it some.

All in all, I think I'll like it... hope to test rig my HG and JRB underquilts this week and do a test sleep before next backpack trip in March.

Good stuff.
    I also got my XLC recently and was impressed by the room inside. I will say I used the top cover last night in 22 degrees and had no ventilation issues. I also certainly did not find it to be claustrophobic at all.

I will say that the couple times I opened it to either answer natures call or just have a look outside, I really appreciated how much warmth it adds in creating the micro climate in there. I don't think the 15-20 degree added warmth listed on the website is exaggerated at all. I'd guess it is slightly conservative if anything.

• + New Posts