Wall and ceiling mount for kammok

I'm trying to hang my new kammok on my back porch. Any help is greatly appreciated. I would like to anchor one ring into the cement wall and one ring to a stringer/stud in the ceiling. There is 10.5ft between the two points. There is 8ft from the floor to the ceiling anchor. Ive read optimum hang height is about 18" off the ground? So my question is at what height do I mount the wall screw? Sorry for the math problem.

Senior Member Scotty Von Porkchop's Avatar
    Hammock
    BeUL with stretchy footbox
    Tarp
    silnylon hex
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Mule tape
    Images
    I'm not sure how this would work out as if there's a large height differential the hammock turns in to a chair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSZMvv9WZGo

Hammock
    DIY R2B3 (Black Bear Burrito) + HUG
    Tarp
    Noah12, Mambajamba
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie + straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjmaverick View Post
    I'm trying to hang my new kammok on my back porch. Any help is greatly appreciated. I would like to anchor one ring into the cement wall and one ring to a stringer/stud in the ceiling. There is 10.5ft between the two points. There is 8ft from the floor to the ceiling anchor. Ive read optimum hang height is about 18" off the ground? So my question is at what height do I mount the wall screw? Sorry for the math problem.
    Need to know your ridge line length, but already, if you are haninging one end from ceiling at 8' tall, and only have 10.5' between points, you may be out of luck.... too much sag.

for example, 84" ridgeline hammock (DIY type), 20" off the ground, both points would hang from 5.2 feet off ground, with suspension length both sides 24". If you hung from the pole with no suspension (carabiner in eyelet), it will be about 3.5' off the ground, and all your suspension is on the ceiling side, but you will still have too much slack I think.

One way to check, hang your ceiling hook, then use strap and carabiner on post to test the numbers.

Courtesy of the hammock hang calculator.
    .... the Aardvark (earth pig)... a rather unremarkable creature whose sole claim to fame is that it is the first animal listed in the dictionary.
    Rob

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Having used a Kammok Roo, my suggestion is to make sure you've accommodated for stretch. I've set mine up per hammock calculator with a definite gap between my UQ and the ground. by morning the UQ is on the ground. I'm using Python straps so I don't think the stretch is coming from there.

Maybe after a bit of use it will stabilize.

• + New Posts