WBBB DL 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Smokehouse 1
    Insulation
    HG 20* TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Web

Incubator and WBBB XLC

Is the Incubator a good UQ for the WBBB XLC? I have been reading and have seen many people complaining about the the UQ running off of their shoulder on the XLC.

Any advice or reviews of the Incubator on the XLC?

Thanks,

Leon

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Smokehouse 1
    Insulation
    HG 20* TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Web
    And what about the length of the XLC? Is it possible to order the Incubator with longer suspension?

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    My incubator fits my 11 ft hammock just fine with stock suspension.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I have the standard WBBB, and my 20° Incubator is already a tight, but perfect stretch. Any longer and I'm sure I would have to lengthen the shockcord on the Incubator.

Hammock
    wbbb xlc, rr, wwm
    Tarp
    HG cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    WL, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I have an xlc and an older 0 degree incubator without draft collars or the new suspension. It works perfect, no complaints and no cold spots. Only had it down to 18 degrees but it was toasty.

Hammock
    WB XLC, Dutch Netless, HH Exp mod,
    Tarp
    HG WP3, WBSF, HHex
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies, buckles
    Images
    I ordered my Incubator in long size - mainly because I'm 6'-4", not because of my hammock.

I just received an XLC and rigged it on an indoor TDS this past weekend. While I haven't yet tried to attach my Incubator to it, I did notice that while the XLC footbox seemed huge, the edge of the XLC hammock seemed to ride up on my left shoulder.

I may have been too diagonal in my lay - or too close to the head end of the hammock (which Brandon seems to recommend). Either way, I thought that it might be a challenge to keep my UQ covering my left shoulder with this setup... I'll be tweaking my setup, but interested if others have experienced this?

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Smokehouse 1
    Insulation
    HG 20* TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Web
    Quote Originally Posted by hawghangar View Post
    I ordered my Incubator in long size - mainly because I'm 6'-4", not because of my hammock.

I just received an XLC and rigged it on an indoor TDS this past weekend. While I haven't yet tried to attach my Incubator to it, I did notice that while the XLC footbox seemed huge, the edge of the XLC hammock seemed to ride up on my left shoulder.

I may have been too diagonal in my lay - or too close to the head end of the hammock (which Brandon seems to recommend). Either way, I thought that it might be a challenge to keep my UQ covering my left shoulder with this setup... I'll be tweaking my setup, but interested if others have experienced this?
    Hi,

Let me know how this is working out for you when you attach the UQ to the XLC.

Thanks,

Leon

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20, KAQ 1, Lynx
    Suspension
    Webbing / buckles
    Images
    Like Hawghanger, I ordered my Incubator long for my size, not the XLC. I love it. I didn't even have to fiddle with it much to get a perfect fit. Once in the XLC, I make sure the Incubator is pulled up around both shoulders and over the foot box (same as any hammock) and it's Good Night Irene!

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC BlackBird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    White Cloud, Zeppe
    Suspension
    Whoopies marlinspi
    Quote Originally Posted by hawghangar View Post

I have an XLC with a 0F LONG Incubator. I got the long thinking that, at 6"1, I might need it. It is MUCH longer than I need. It is clear that I could've done fine with the standard size and had much downy goodness to spare past my feet.

I've had no problems with the thing not staying in place. I've had it down to minus 11F and it has worked fine. I've got a newish Incubator with draft collars and the improved suspension.

While I initially liked not having to mess with separate pads to keep my feet warm, I'm now experimenting with shorter UQs (a 0F HG Phoenix at the moment). It seems like a more elegant solution -- less wasted down. More elegant, that is, if you can find a way of having some sort of adequate insulating pad for your feet that is adequately comfortable. I'm very happy with this approach that I've been using now for a while.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7 XLC
    Tarp
    Smokehouse 1
    Insulation
    HG 20* TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Web
    Thanks for all the feedback...

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast