Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    McCat Deluxe Spinn
    Insulation
    HG Incubator(s)
    Suspension
    Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Good words Brian. I think it is hard to understand that the lack of ability to make people happy all the time should not be confused with the lack of desire.

There is just something about an OES tarp that always makes me full of pride. It just seems like it is better made somehow.

High praise from Dutch whose customer service is unsurpassed!

In 2009, I bought a SpinnUL tarp from Brian (wish I'd bought two!). Very well made with great attention to detail. I tend to believe him when he says he takes pride in what me makes. I'm glad to have one of his tarps.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH UL
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB TQ& UQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by ajustus View Post
    I emailed Brian yesterday to inquire about a 4 season. He emailed me back within 10 minutes. I placed an order just after and received confirmation immediately. I woke up this morning with an email stating that my order has shipped and I should receive it by Wednesday. This is my second experience with OES and both have been very good. I don't post much or at all (technically) but I thought that I give him some affirmation to coincide with all the negative on here. Product second to none!
    Same experience here. Loving my deluxe.

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I believe Brian was in high school when he made my first OES tarp. He has come and gone through the years as life progressed. Still here and still making quality tarps. I have never sold any of the three I now have. Each one has its benefits. They will serve me a lifetime.

Keep it simple Brian, don't burn out.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    WB CldB/OES McCat
    Insulation
    MAMW tq/WB uq
    Suspension
    Webbing/Whoopie
    I have ordered two tarps from OES. I did not follow-up after I ordered, nor were there any communications I remember other than my order was accepted. In both cases the tarps showed up on my door-step within a couple of weeks. Quality is second-to-none. Both have served me well to date and I expect many more years of service from both of them.

Tom

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Zpacks
    Suspension
    Dutch Stuff
    This is absolutely, predictably, comical. I check into this forum about every 6 months, for entertainment value, to see the latest on how someone is upset about Brian and OES and it never changes (I am a past frustrated customer). Let's cut to the chase, there are always problems and he is not the only game in town. Look elsewhere. I don't want to be accused of promoting a product, that is not my intent. OES makes a good product but the headaches and frustrations in dealing with him are just ridiculous. Look elsewhere and enjoy the experience of finding another great product from a company that cares about making you happy about your purchase. YEESH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hammock
    DIY PolyD 1.2
    Tarp
    DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod & DIY
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Anchor
    What's "predictable" in life and human relationships is mixed bags, variables, and trade-offs.

Let our gratitude for any good that we see in others exceed our desire to judge and complain. Otherwise yes, act in your own best interest. Creative, talented, sensitive, and ingenious people accepted that challenge before the rest of us woke up this morning.
    Mike

Learn to survive and thrive in any situation, for you never know what might happen. Love family and friends passionately. Suffer no fool. Know your purpose in life and follow it with all your heart.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe Sil
    Insulation
    DIY Quilt+HG Inc20
    Srady, I find it quite frustrating that you singlehandedly come to post on this forum to prod at my missteps. I would never accuse you of promoting any products, and I know I had some issues with an order you place 2.5 years ago, but please, don't come to HF just to bash me and my work.

With that, I'm back to cutting some of my new 1000 yard order of silnylon that arrived on Friday to keep the pipeline well greased!
    Brian MacMillin
    www.OutdoorEquipmentSupplier.com
    Home of the new MacCat Gen4 hammock tarps

Hammock
    BIAS weight weenie
    Tarp
    maccat ultra
    Suspension
    straps, whoopies
    I ordered a MacCat Ultra on 22 June 2014. It was delivered on 30 June 2014. I'll be using it this weekend for the first time. I got confirmation of my order and shipping notices.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Srady, I find it quite frustrating that you singlehandedly come to post on this forum to prod at my missteps. I would never accuse you of promoting any products, and I know I had some issues with an order you place 2.5 years ago, but please, don't come to HF just to bash me and my work.

With that, I'm back to cutting some of my new 1000 yard order of silnylon that arrived on Friday to keep the pipeline well greased!

In all fairness, the endless wave of complaints of being ignored is like a tsunami. I agree public bashing ain't cool, but holy hell is your customer service probably the worst and there is no denying it or excuse for it. If your too busy to take orders, then shut down the site, don't continue to let people send you their money to get no response or product. That goes against the golden rule of buisness, keeping your customers happy. I mean heck, it's so bad that HF put up a sticky under your subforum warning people...
    Last edited by fallkniven; 07-08-2014 at 22:38.

Hammock
    WBB XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I would have liked to have had mine, I hear they are excellent products. Sadly I just contacted my credit card company regarding my order from a month ago. If I had known beforehand that I'd have to wait an unspecified amount of time to receive a tarp that is listed as in-stock and ready to ship on the website, and that I should not expect any communication from the seller, then I would not be in this situation. That's misleading and just bad business all around man. I have not read this entire thread, but can entirely understand why people would be upset. I can't say I've ever had anything like this ever happen to me.

Brian, if you cannot keep up with orders or emails, the simple fix is to change your website to reflect the current situation. People are a lot more patient and understanding when they know up front what to expect.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast