Quote Originally Posted by Biales View Post
Hello,

Sorry for necroposting, but i'd like to ask a question to dblhmmck regarding his double bridge hammock, but i think other people might also be able to answer.

Why using three trees ? Since you're already using spreader bars at both ends, i guess it's not for structural reasons. Is it for stability ? How does this hammock behave when only one person lays on one side ? What about a hammock with only two anchor points ? Would it be necessary to hop in it and get off it at the same time as your partner ?

I went hammock camping for two weeks with my girlfriend and we really miss sleeping together, so this is what i'm planning to make, and i'm wondering if it is possible or a total aburdity (don't laugh at my MSPaint skills) :

[Edit:] Oops, sorry, i read the entire first post and had my question answered.
Still, can the central rope be adjustable as i planned ? Or is it another absurdity ?

Maybe with an adjustable central rope, one can warn the other he or she's getting off the hammock, loose the central rope and let the other person rest in the middle of the hammock, effectively avoiding tilting while still using two trees ?
We are both about the same weight.
I would be worried that the center ridge-line would cause the spreader bar to bend/fail in the middle of the bar.