Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Insulation
    UGQ down goodness
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Images
    Timberrr and I are still looking for a solution that will allow us to share the same bugnet/tarp. Thanks to those who are actively seeking a solution!

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End w DIY Bug Net
    Tarp
    DIY Black Sil
    Insulation
    DIY Insultex
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    This is so, so fantastic. It is quite the undertaking and I am not sure I am anywhere near ready to attempt it.

QUESTION

I think for most of us, the only thing we miss about a tent is the ability to sleep "with" our loved ones.

What if you could suspend two bridge hammocks right next to each other using three tress? ...Is there any way you could do it with two trees and use spreader bars to spread the hammocks?

Great work DBLHAMMOCK!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    Man this looks awesome. Great job dbl. Maybe be marketable some day? I miss the cuddle factor of tents, but love the hammock. This solves the problem.
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Just me thinking but what if you take out the center divider rope. It would eventually be one big bridge hammock. The two outside ropes go to separate trees and the center is joined with a French seam. Making it a single double wide bridge instead of two bridges merged together. ???? Am I way off on my thinking of this or what?
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

Images
    I think this thread derserves another revival, ecspecially with how many new members have joined lately...

Hey Dbl, any new improvements?

Hello,

Sorry for necroposting, but i'd like to ask a question to dblhmmck regarding his double bridge hammock, but i think other people might also be able to answer.

Why using three trees ? Since you're already using spreader bars at both ends, i guess it's not for structural reasons. Is it for stability ? How does this hammock behave when only one person lays on one side ? What about a hammock with only two anchor points ? Would it be necessary to hop in it and get off it at the same time as your partner ?

I went hammock camping for two weeks with my girlfriend and we really miss sleeping together, so this is what i'm planning to make, and i'm wondering if it is possible or a total aburdity (don't laugh at my MSPaint skills) :

[Edit:] Oops, sorry, i read the entire first post and had my question answered.
    Still, can the central rope be adjustable as i planned ? Or is it another absurdity ?

Maybe with an adjustable central rope, one can warn the other he or she's getting off the hammock, loose the central rope and let the other person rest in the middle of the hammock, effectively avoiding tilting while still using two trees ?
    We are both about the same weight.
    Last edited by Biales; 05-23-2013 at 05:23.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Truly a work of art.

So, so beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Best,
    Blaze

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Biales View Post
    Hello,

Sorry for necroposting, but i'd like to ask a question to dblhmmck regarding his double bridge hammock, but i think other people might also be able to answer.

Why using three trees ? Since you're already using spreader bars at both ends, i guess it's not for structural reasons. Is it for stability ? How does this hammock behave when only one person lays on one side ? What about a hammock with only two anchor points ? Would it be necessary to hop in it and get off it at the same time as your partner ?

I went hammock camping for two weeks with my girlfriend and we really miss sleeping together, so this is what i'm planning to make, and i'm wondering if it is possible or a total aburdity (don't laugh at my MSPaint skills) :

Still, can the central rope be adjustable as i planned ? Or is it another absurdity ?

Maybe with an adjustable central rope, one can warn the other he or she's getting off the hammock, loose the central rope and let the other person rest in the middle of the hammock, effectively avoiding tilting while still using two trees ?
    As I see it there is no balance in your setup Biales.
    Best,
    Blaze

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Biales View Post
    Hello,

Getting in and out will be very tricky. Once one side is no longer loaded and the loaded side not centered the hammock will want to tip.

Also you have to think about hang distance. With my bridge built for one, I can not hang less that 12'. Best is 15' to 18' range. With the longer spreaders on your design, to get the 83% compression on the bars the triangle is going to have to be pretty long. Then it comes to a challenge just getting you tree straps high enough to get a 30* hang.

Lots of things to consider with this design.
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    How about just using stacked spreader bars. Drawback is this would increase total length of hammock and suspension but hey, this aint no traditional hammock either..

You should be able to use a single tree at each end now..Also this would allow for you to simply use two bridge hammocks rather than making a new double or just design a double that can be separated somehow when needed.
    StackedSpreaderBars.jpg

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast