Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    JRB univeral
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock 4
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Just FYI, I took my TTTM out to the backyard and set it up. I found no obvious flaws with it and after one or two head scratches, it was easy enough to set up.
    If you had never set up a hammock before, it might be a problem though as there are NO included instructions at all.
    This only got me with the bug bag as I had only ever used an army isssued "bug net." Still, it was simple enough to puzzle out, not exactly "rocket science" or anything.
    It is comfortable enough that I dozed off for a couple of hours in the afternoon sun.
    Material seems sturdy and the workmanship solid enough. Stiching all looks neat and even as well as being well done and re-enforced.
    It held my fat butt with no "groaning," "popping," or "straining" sounds beyond the cracking of the poor trees. What more can you want? LOL

Dan - the TTTM folks finally got to my local Costco. Doubles are $39.95. Getting their tree straps is another $14.95. Much better prices than the website!

Costco also has the tarp and bug net but I can't remember the prices offhand. Probably 25% - 30% off like everything else.

Hammock
    TTTM Double
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Wow! good price! Thanks for letting me know. I will for sure go pick one up when they get to my city! they'll be here april 1-13 which isn't too far off. Im not too worried about the the TTTM suspension, I was looking at some dutch gear to go with it instead!

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaDan View Post
    Im not too worried about the the TTTM suspension, I was looking at some dutch gear to go with it instead!
    I completely agree. Their suspension isn't what I would be looking for either. I've got some amsteel so I'll just make some loops and whoopies for it. Will probably end up ordering some cinch buckles with straps from Dutch as well.

Hammock
    TTTM Double
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    It took a while but they finally arrived at my local costco so i went and bought myself a double and the 360 bugnet that they make. I probably won't be able to rig it up and test for a while considering i live in an apartment downtown and am SUPER BUSY for the next month or so. but when i finally do i'll be sure to post some photos. I was very happy with the prices they had compared to the other options available to me.

Special thanks to mm53bar for finding out the companies cosco tour dates and helping me out!

Hope you enjoy it! I set mine up in the basement for the kids. It's my hammock for experimenting because I don't want to void the warranty on my Hennessy. Amsteel continuous loops and whoopies were an easy addition and work just fine. I kept the S-hook that came with the original ropes and that makes for an easy attachment. It'll eventually get dumped but it works fine for the basement.

I want to find some lash-it or zing-it now to start experimenting with a fixed ridgeline. That stuff is hard to find in Canada so I'll probably end up having to pay extra to get it from the states.

Hammock
    TTTM Double
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Finding things in Canada is quite the problem it seems! Someone should start a Canadian retailer's thread as a resource for al of us!

Hammock
    WB RR, BB
    Tarp
    Cluodburst, MJ
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    D-rings and straps
    Finding Lash-It or Zing-It.
    I picked up our riding mower the other day and the shop (sells and repairs mowers and such) had a catalog of Arborists supplies and both were listed.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    CCF, Mummy bag
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps
    CanadaDan,

Please do reply here and let us know how you get on with the double.

I'min Ireland, where TTTM is the only option readily available.

I've sen some reports that say the double is a lot of material and may prove difficult in hot weather when the extra material could prevent air flow.

As someone fairly short (or normal-sized) I'd be curious to know what the feeling is on the TTTM sizes.

Is te single big enough for a sub-six footer to lay sideways with a CCF pad?

Is the extra fabric on the double enough to restrict air flow?

Cheers.

Hammock
    TTTM Double, WBBB XLC 1.7 Double
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, DD3X3
    Insulation
    UKhammocks TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    WS and Treehuggers
    I used a double last summer on my sweden trip, and compared to a tent it was brilliantly airy. But I'm a big six 6'4" (or 195CM) lad of considerable weight. I can get a good lay in, although I keep struggling with the lack of ridgeline.

For different options, you might want to look at the ever popular DD-hammocks or maybe better UKhammacks.co.uk. Both are easily available to us europeans, although I don't know the situation in Ireland.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast