Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    In general, I've seen many more reports of improvement in comfort from increasing sag vs. decreasing sag.

When I had a WBBB, I found that I had to get my left shoulder very far to the left to hit the sweet spot. My shoulder would be touching the zipper.

As always, everyone seems to be a bit different and it's possible the BB is not for you.

Hammock
    DIY 11" 1.1 black ripstop
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    tewa and HG
    Suspension
    UCRs/Dutchbling
    Images
    FWIW I hang indoors, granted with an ENO SN, but still a gathered end. Due to limitations in where I can place the anchors I have a boatload of sag. So much in fact if I were to keep the ridgeline in place it will nearly touch me in the hammock. Lots o sag. But it's comfy, I can attest to the "more sag = less calf ridgeline" idea, however if I lay in it improperly I can find the ridge. I think there would be a sweet spot to every hang so really you're going to have to just experiment and find out what works for you.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonepile View Post
    I've already done all the things that have been suggested. [B]My only question relates to putting a longer ridgeline in and then tweaking it. gmcttr, thanks for reminding me about possibly damaging the bugnet. I won't even try that if anyone positively knows it would tend to increase instead of decrease the pressure when lengthening the line longer than stock.
    If you lengthen the RL there is good chance you will damage the net and IMO you will increase the calfridge pressure if you make it longer.

Shortening the RL by 3" will usually help but it will not make it go away completely.
    Most that don't want to deal with this pressure and specific hanging instruction just sell it and move on to something better.
    hth

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Goose bumps
    Suspension
    Bat Feet
    I never could get comfortable in a 10 ft hammock and went to an 11 footer.
    Started in that without a ridge line and with a lot of sag. Instant relief from the calf ridge. Current hammock I've made is 11 feet long & 66" wide with an adjustable, structural ridge line. The few inches of extra width allow for a more extreme diagonal lay to take advantage of the large amount of sag I can put into it by shortening the ridge line.
    YMMV, but this works for me.
    Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener.

Hammock
    wbbb XLC
    Tarp
    CubenWinter Palace
    Insulation
    Down TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    single ring
    Images
    Thanks for all the suggestions. So the answer seems to be, More Sag = Less Calf Ridge. And do not lengthen ridge line, it will make it worse.

I added about 1 to 1.5 inches to my WBBB XLC and found very little to no improvement to calf ridge. I was still able to install the net without issue. I ended up going back to stock. Currently lowering the head about 10" lower than the foot and with some fiddling I can minimize the pressure. Seems to come and go at random. I have taken to using a therma rest pillow which helps and also keeps my knees happy.

Mule

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12