Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock engineer View Post
    It was only bow season, but the guy had his crossbow (which I'm not going to get into my opinion on) ready to go. Lesson learned, no stealth camping during deer season. I'll be back on that river for a 3 day trip later this month. Hopefully it will not be as eventfull.
    did you see what burt reynolds did to that guy w/ his cross bow after the guy asked his canoe partner if he could "squeal like a pig"?
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    did you see what burt reynolds did to that guy w/ his cross bow after the guy asked his canoe partner if he could "squeal like a pig"?
    Yeah, I think for this next trip I am going to have my dad watch that movie before we go. Should be worth a good laugh.

Side note, I used to drive the bus for a canoe rental place. Everyone would ask me what the trip would be like. I said, well have you ever seen the movie Deliverance? Half of them would crack up laughing, the others would have a puzzeled look on their face.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    Clark NA & Hennessy UL Backpacker
    Insulation
    JRB Old Rag Mtn
    Images
    Yeah, every Spring, we canoe the river Deliverance was filmed on (Chattooga). Haven't had to squeal yet! (Knock on wood) I was told a few years ago that the kid with the banjo actually works at the Huddle House in Clayton, GA. I think this year we'll hammock camp on the banks. Won't be stealth camping since it's allowed there. I have to stealth a lot on the Edisto River in SC, though. Just leave no trace...

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    There is a place called Raven Run right outside Lexington that has some really beautiful scenery. They don't allow camping but I am going to have someone drop me off and I'm going to camp there one night.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Yeah,

I've stealth-camped (hung) on a few rivers. Islands are some of my favorite spots, but I've been approached by a game warden before and told that what I was doing was illegal.

He was cool, though. Asked a few questions and said if I was careful, and didn't have much of a fire he didn't have a problem with it!!!

Lucky, and what a beautiful spot. Lucky it was January, because I found a gator nest about twenty feet away from my hammock --- again: lucky it was January!!

On a side note, I was hiking the Foothills Trail last weekend, along the Chatooga - wow, I miss living in that area!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by toddhiker View Post
    On a side note, I was hiking the Foothills Trail last weekend, along the Chatooga - wow, I miss living in that area!
    Not to steal this thread.......but........In seven days I leave for my Foothills Thru-hike. Its no AT, but I cant wait. BD
    Just Jeff made me do it

Images
    many times i have stealth camped on islands and in small forgotten hollows by streams...to me that is the bast of camps ..not a place usualy use for rec or camping..a true LNT sort of thing ...the few times i have been aproached by land owners or gamewardens..they have been cool after they saw i wasnt a poacher and i was making a real effort not to mar or damage there property...once it even led to a friend ship with the land owner..now he allows me to camp there anytime i want ....stealth can have its rewards

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12