New ENO user and questions

Gander Mtn had a great deal on a single nest and bug net, so i made the plunge and bought them. I am looking for an instructional video on how to set the system up. My search of U-Tube didn't come up with setting the bug net up. Anyone want to post or can point me in the right direction of a setup up video?

I can't wait to try out this hammock for a week camping trip in July in NC. anyone living in NC have any good spots for camping? I haven't decided on a location yet.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Asher

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB NS & Prototype
    Suspension
    Whoopie/DutchClips
    I've got an ENO Double and the bugnet. This worked the best for me: slapstraps go around two suitable trees, tie the ridgeline that came with the bugnet between the two trees above the slap straps, hang the bugnet on the ridgeline, unzip the bugnet, and feed the hammock through one end, clip 'biner on slapstrap, repeat with other side, tighten the ends of the bugnet, enjoy. I now just leave the hammock inside the bugnet, and stuff the whole mess into a stuff sack. I cut a hole in the bottom of the stuff sack so I can attach one end of the hammock and bug net to a slapstrap then walk the rest out to the other. Works for me until I find a stuff sack with two open ends.

Anywhere in NC in particular?
    Last edited by CapitalBill; 06-07-2009 at 23:48. Reason: Saw second question

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ???
    Insulation
    ???
    I have a Doublenest and just picked up the bugnet a couple weeks ago. When I do set it up, I will use the same process that CapitalBill uses. I don't ever plan to keep them together though, although that might change after I set it up and take it down a couple times.

Hammock
    ENO Double
    Tarp
    Kelty Noahs 12
    Insulation
    Z Lite
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBill View Post
    I've got an ENO Double and the bugnet. This worked the best for me: slapstraps go around two suitable trees, tie the ridgeline that came with the bugnet between the two trees above the slap straps, hang the bugnet on the ridgeline, unzip the bugnet, and feed the hammock through one end, clip 'biner on slapstrap, repeat with other side, tighten the ends of the bugnet, enjoy. I now just leave the hammock inside the bugnet, and stuff the whole mess into a stuff sack. I cut a hole in the bottom of the stuff sack so I can attach one end of the hammock and bug net to a slapstrap then walk the rest out to the other. Works for me until I find a stuff sack with two open ends.

Anywhere in NC in particular?
    I also set mine up like CapitalBill. Very quick and easy setup. Did you buy the Slapstraps or Slapstrap Pros (which are longer)?

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB NS & Prototype
    Suspension
    Whoopie/DutchClips
    I've got the standard Slapstraps, haven't run into a situation where I need the longer ones yet (though I'm sure I will at some point).

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar214 View Post
    I also set mine up like CapitalBill. Very quick and easy setup. Did you buy the Slapstraps or Slapstrap Pros (which are longer)?

I bought the regular slap straps

CapitalBill-

Anywhere in NC that is good for camping. I would love to find a campsite by a river where I can just chill and jump in if I feel in the mood.

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB NS & Prototype
    Suspension
    Whoopie/DutchClips
    I just moved to Charlotte, there's a couple of places to hike and camp around here (Kings Mountain State Park, Crowders Mountain State Park, South Mountain State Park); but there's a ton of stuff around Asheville. In North Carolina that's probably your best bet. Down in South Carolina there's some good stuff in the Upstate area.

• + New Posts