Quote Originally Posted by gavmac View Post
I just cut up an old lightweight synthetic sleeping bag as a 3/4 quilt for my Hennessey. I cut off the footbox completely and left the zips on and cut off the hood above the top of the zips to get a straight edge at that end. I then just folded each edge over about 1 inch and stitched them up very roughly by hand and run elastic through the channels to hang it up and cinch the ends. Then I set it up on the hammock, when I was happy with the position marked where the tie outs were and put on a piece of Duct Tape on the inside and outside and stuck a sharp knife through it. Finally I packed a sit mat to use under my feet inside my sleeping bag as seen on Shug's video. It worked fine until I bought a proper one.
+1

It seems to me like reusing/repurposing gear will help preserve habitat for wildlife (by not supporting the fossil fuel industry by needing to buy synthetics and also not support the down industry - both of which seem fairly morally bankrupt to me). I just made an UQ from an old synthetic sleeping bag and made a thread on how to do it. https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...d-sleeping-bag. Hope it helps.