A couple of weeks ago my DD hammocks arrived. The 'nekkid' camping type: two layers, no bugnet, ~9ft (270cm).
I have already replaced the suspension with whoopies, and am eagerly awaiting nicer weather to take it outside. In the meantime, I have hung in the house a couple of times.

Now... I must say it takes some getting used to. Nothing unexpected btw, but it's quite a step from the large Brazilian thick cotton one that's hanging permanently off the ceiling beams in our living room.
I understand that a small nylon gathered end is no competition for the cotton one that hugs you but stays roomy, but there are two things that are a bit difficult.
1) Because the fabric gets narrowed all the way at the continuous loops, the hammock sort of encloses you.
2) Because it's so 'small' (9ft of fabric is still a lot ) and stiff compared to cotton, there's ridges everywhere, it seems. Toying with the suspension a bit (head end a bit lower, a bit more, or less, sag) makes this better, but I can't seem to get it as comfy as my large one.

I've read around quite a bit here, and I think that the length of the hammock is an issue. So I was thinking... would it help to add a clew to one or both ends of the hammock? Not only would this lengthen the hammock a bit, but I think it would also help to spread the fabric a bit better, making for a flatter lay.

Before I start asking around in the DIY section, I was curious about your opinions on this. Clew clue?