DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    I have made myself a diy bridge and was thinkng of adding something like this to it, kinda copy of the clark, and put end fabric on as wind block and also for storage, i wonder if it will work?

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Questions View Post
    Donna here...I just did a search here on HFs...here are the poles DemostiX used.

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-16-in...kit-65326.html He noted an item number of 65327. Hopefully he will chime in here when he sees this.
    Nope, for once, I was careful and got it right. The 327 kit is of 13" rods (with brass screw-together connectors.) Four of them give you the desired 51-52" length, leaving one extra from that $5 kit --- the price has actually come down in 2 years. Convenient for packing is that four 13" rods pack easier than the stock 17" ones, even if the apex of the half-circle now winds up at a connector. This has proven to be the most minor of aesthetic concerns, with no durability effects over hundreds of nights.

For the value and weight conscious, the 33ft kit of 39" long rods Donna cites could be cut up, into so many more sets of rods, if you can find the kind of aluminum joining sleeves -- maybe from a hobby or kite shop --to fit over and join the pieces. Or use 1 39" with a 13" from each kit and have enough for 5 hammocks without any cutting or additional parts.!!

Or find other applications for flexy 39" fiberglass rods.
    Last edited by DemostiX; 03-17-2014 at 03:39.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark XL/Hennessy
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Images
    Hi all! I just wanted to chime in on the Harbor Freight Poles!

I just purchased a set of the 3/16 11 foot poles- there are 10 rods in the pack and use 4 for each end and they screw together so no more dropped rods when you are trying to put them in!

also they are just 4.99 per set! AND they fit in the original CLARK stuff sack!

Hey that was great news and I went ahead and bought some and now having Donna mod my hammock for them. Thanks all for info

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images

Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Zilla View Post
    I have made myself a diy bridge and was thinkng of adding something like this to it, kinda copy of the clark, and put end fabric on as wind block and also for storage, i wonder if it will work?
    With most of my first time in hammocks iin a Clark, and all of them have hoods, I don't mind the blocked view directly over my head and behind me. When I am using a Tropical, where it's hood may be mesh, I do notice that it is no longer opaque, but it doesn't change the feeling of security and make me wish the veil was gone altogether.

I would use safety pins to try out hoods first, to see if you expect an unobstructed view.

Now, the foot end is something else altogether. Maybe because I was in a canoe a whole lot as a kid,, and stuff got stashed in the ends, I don't understand why most gathered end hammocks don't have at least a foot-end hood in which to stash gear.

And in this sub forum I have often jested that my feet are blind, and don't mind the obstructed view. Further, figure out hot to get that hood, at either end to shed rain that would come into the end of the hammock, and you can use a shorter rain fly. Some HFers are using tarps that over 11 feet long. I most often use one which is 8ft long, and so proportionately lighter and less bulky.
    Last edited by DemostiX; 03-19-2014 at 20:36.

Hammock
    TX-270, TTTM
    Tarp
    CCS, Vertex
    Insulation
    HG, LocoLibre
    Suspension
    HammockFan &Straps

another +1 for the HF poles

When my original set of poles went the opposite direction I was going, after a trip in Algonquin, I came across a post by DemostiX recommending the HF poles. They work great and as mentioned they fit in the stuffsack unlike the Clark poles.
    (I think we loosened the hammock from what is shown in the video). Video shows an NX-150 with the HF poles.

http://youtu.be/6XxFuCeC0s4

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12