Help suspending DIY UQ Protector

I have searched but it seems that 'UQP' was too short to be picked up ... so ...

I 'made' an under quilt protector from a piece of left over ripstop nylon (maybe pertex) - I say made but I only sewed a basic channel into the four sides, didn't even hem it properly because I am such a noob (and impatient with it)!

Anyhow, I threaded shockcord through each of the channels ... with press-toggle adjustment widthways on the two shorter ends (so that it can be adjusted to suit an under quilt etc). I intended to simply tie a loop in the end of the long lengthways cords but have left them long to adjust before cutting.

I made two 'triangle thingies' out of red 1mm dyneema (off a hang glider rigging) and draped them over the ridgeline before clipping the mini s-biners to the suspension shockcord. At this point I realised that I had screwed up and not brought enough mini-biners to clip the triangle thingies to the hammock ends and so I had to keep them high and clip them directly to the tree hugger karabiners.

I just couldn't get to adjust the UQP properly (which means it was too tight under my bum ... and would not accomodate a UQ either) and Im not sure which, or how many, of the shockcords to clip to the triangles ... and how many of the lines need to be toggled / adjustable.

I would be really grateful for any input, advice and (perhaps most of all) photo's of your set up showing how the UQP is attached.

Thank you

Images
    Does this help?

Thank you.

So, no shockcord along the long edges and a continuous loop of shockcord through the width-ways channels.

Will this restrict the adjustment I have if the underquilt is longer than the UQP?

Images
    I think it is important to have your thickest UQ on the hammock then adjust the end shockcord so the UQP is just touching the bottom of the UQ without compressing it.
    It would help to have a person in the hammock when making this adjustment.
    Slightly loose or just touching is my preferred position for my UQP.

• + New Posts