Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
  1. #11
    Administrator octothorpesarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Narragansett #1, Maine
    Posts
    2,008
    Images
    15
    Priority mail was $6.46 for a single jacket. I could do $34 for a single jacket or 2 for $56.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    NC Foothills
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC/Eno DN
    Tarp
    HG CF Hex
    Insulation
    UGQ Top/Bottom
    Suspension
    Dutch/whoopsters
    Posts
    112
    Hmm, trying to decide... I am considering two of these to make an UQ and a set of down sleeves. I've done some diy stuff, but never any sewing.
    So the decision is to buy these and a sewing machine, or put the funds toward a legitimate UQ...

    Still debating. Price seems very fair though.

  3. #13
    pinballwizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Yardley, Pa
    Hammock
    keeps me happy
    Tarp
    keeps me dry
    Insulation
    keeps me warm
    Suspension
    keeps me up
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTurtle View Post
    Hmm, trying to decide... I am considering two of these to make an UQ and a set of down sleeves. I've done some diy stuff, but never any sewing.
    So the decision is to buy these and a sewing machine, or put the funds toward a legitimate UQ...

    Still debating. Price seems very fair though.
    If you buy the UQ, you know what you get, and you don't have to fiddle after spending the money.. BUT if you buy the sewing machine, you have projects for years to come without spending big cash. I would almost look at it as this project PAYS for your sewing machine, in lieu of having to buy an UQ. Also, you could probably find a machine on craigslist or at thrift stores pretty cheap....
    Plus a set of down sleeves
    “All grown-ups were once children... but only few of them remember it.”

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    NC Foothills
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC/Eno DN
    Tarp
    HG CF Hex
    Insulation
    UGQ Top/Bottom
    Suspension
    Dutch/whoopsters
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by pinballwizard View Post
    If you buy the UQ, you know what you get, and you don't have to fiddle after spending the money.. BUT if you buy the sewing machine, you have projects for years to come without spending big cash. I would almost look at it as this project PAYS for your sewing machine, in lieu of having to buy an UQ. Also, you could probably find a machine on craigslist or at thrift stores pretty cheap....
    Plus a set of down sleeves
    I agree, once I have the machine this enables me to do many other projects.

    Does anyone know what the approximate weight and temp rating would be if the two jackets were sown into a bag?
    Also would the two ends seal around the hammocks so there wouldn't be gaps or holes to let heat escape? (I guess it's okay to ask these ?'s on this thread...)

    Thanks,
    Turtle

  5. #15
    Zilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Jersey Pinelands
    Hammock
    Thunderbird BB XLC- Bridge-Freebird
    Tarp
    Squidbilly custom
    Insulation
    Diy/AHE/Spear
    Suspension
    Readystrap/buckles
    Posts
    2,154
    Images
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by octothorpesarus View Post
    Priority mail was $6.46 for a single jacket. I could do $34 for a single jacket or 2 for $56.
    I will take it ,, one puffer for $34.00 bucks please

  6. #16
    Administrator octothorpesarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Narragansett #1, Maine
    Posts
    2,008
    Images
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTurtle View Post
    I agree, once I have the machine this enables me to do many other projects.

    Does anyone know what the approximate weight and temp rating would be if the two jackets were sown into a bag?
    Also would the two ends seal around the hammocks so there wouldn't be gaps or holes to let heat escape? (I guess it's okay to ask these ?'s on this thread...)

    Thanks,
    Turtle
    My plan was to make summer UQs. Looks like some used them into the 40s but I don't think I would be warm enough.

    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...l=1#post970791

  7. #17
    Zilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Jersey Pinelands
    Hammock
    Thunderbird BB XLC- Bridge-Freebird
    Tarp
    Squidbilly custom
    Insulation
    Diy/AHE/Spear
    Suspension
    Readystrap/buckles
    Posts
    2,154
    Images
    11
    PM Sent..will wait for reply

  8. #18
    Zilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Jersey Pinelands
    Hammock
    Thunderbird BB XLC- Bridge-Freebird
    Tarp
    Squidbilly custom
    Insulation
    Diy/AHE/Spear
    Suspension
    Readystrap/buckles
    Posts
    2,154
    Images
    11
    I will take it,,- another one for a total of 2

  9. #19
    Senior Member stevebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Moreland Georgia
    Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Posts
    1,693
    Thats a great price ---on a pretty decent jacket (I use mine all the time!)
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )


    Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

  10. #20
    pinballwizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Yardley, Pa
    Hammock
    keeps me happy
    Tarp
    keeps me dry
    Insulation
    keeps me warm
    Suspension
    keeps me up
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    Thats a great price ---on a pretty decent jacket (I use mine all the time!)
    Wait a minute.. These things are actual jackets?! I always thought they were materials to make into other gear such as TQ, UQ, sleeves, and booties.

    How come no one PMed me to let me know that they can be worn as jackets too?! I totally missed that one.
    “All grown-ups were once children... but only few of them remember it.”

Similar Threads

  1. TRADED: 2 JCP puffers
    By harrellt in forum [TRADED] Items no longer available
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-07-2014, 05:05
  2. FS: down puffers
    By lubbockhammockguy in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-31-2013, 13:27
  3. JCP Puffers. 4x and 2x
    By wisconsinwalter in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-08-2013, 19:51
  4. 2 JCP down puffers size 3xlt blue
    By vtrek in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-12-2013, 04:34

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •