Thread: SOLD: DIY Quilt

Images

SOLD: DIY Quilt

I sewed this top quilt a couple of years ago. It's made from 1.1 oz/sq yd ripstop from DIY Gear Supply. Stuffed with 600FP down. It's tapered and is 72" long by 54" wide at the head and 44" wide at the foot. It's got 2" high baffles and between 2.5 and 3" of loft. It's quite a bit overstuffed (I don't recall the % amount). It has snaps and a drawstring closure at the foot, as well as a snap and drawstring at the head. I'm 5'9" and it's plenty long enough for me. I've only used it a night or two indoors and it was much too hot. I bet it would be comfortable down to 10 degrees. It was warmer than my buddy's UGQ Flight Jacket 20 degree. It weighs 38 ounces by my scale. It does not come with a stuff sack.

Note that I made this myself and this was my first real sewing project, so the stitches aren't perfect but it's a very serviceable quilt. It's in clean condition except for a spot on the gray inside where oil from my sewing machine got on the fabric. (the spot is smaller than a dime). I've got the itch to make another one, so I'm selling this one since I have WAY too many sleeping bags and quilts.

See pics below:

$110 shipped in CONUS.

--Matt

Hammock
    Thunderbird11ft DL
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    20 UGQ Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I am 5'11 do you think it would be long enough for me?
    Psalm 50:1 The Mighty One, God, the Lord, speaks and calls the earth from the rising of the sun to its setting.
    Old Dominion Hangers: Secretary
    First Annual Powhatan Hang and Work - April 17-19, 2015

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Real nice looking quilt, I wish I had the cash. Someone will be along shortly to take it off your hands.
    "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker.
    It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." - Ronald Reagan

Images
    If I cinch the bottom shut and pull it up all the way, the top edge is at the very top of my head. If I'm 3" shorter than you, I bet the top edge would come to about eye-level on you, so yeah I think it'd fit. HammockGear's sizing is 74" for regular which they say fits a 6' person so 2" less would be about right for you.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fiveonomo View Post
    Real nice looking quilt, I wish I had the cash. Someone will be along shortly to take it off your hands.
    Thanks! I had fun making it. Think I'll make another

DIY quilt

Quote Originally Posted by Mundele View Post
    I sewed this top quilt a couple of years ago. It's made from 1.1 oz/sq yd ripstop from DIY Gear Supply. Stuffed with 600FP down. It's tapered and is 72" long by 54" wide at the head and 44" wide at the foot. It's got 2" high baffles and between 2.5 and 3" of loft. It's quite a bit overstuffed (I don't recall the % amount). It has snaps and a drawstring closure at the foot, as well as a snap and drawstring at the head. I'm 5'9" and it's plenty long enough for me. I've only used it a night or two indoors and it was much too hot. I bet it would be comfortable down to 10 degrees. It was warmer than my buddy's UGQ Flight Jacket 20 degree. It weighs 38 ounces by my scale. It does not come with a stuff sack.

Note that I made this myself and this was my first real sewing project, so the stitches aren't perfect but it's a very serviceable quilt. It's in clean condition except for a spot on the gray inside where oil from my sewing machine got on the fabric. (the spot is smaller than a dime). I've got the itch to make another one, so I'm selling this one since I have WAY too many sleeping bags and quilts.

See pics below:

$110 shipped in CONUS.

--Matt

I'll take this if it's still available.... Please PM your PAYPAL info. Thanks.

Images
    You got it! Sold pending funds

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WBSF
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    I hate to say I told ya, but.....I told ya. Congrats to both parties. And to the OP, please post some pictures of your next quilt.
    "We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker.
    It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions." - Ronald Reagan

Images
    Thanks, you were right. Now I just need to order some materials and find time to make it

• + New Posts