Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I agree but if there is a problem, even one out of thousands, it is prudent to take a look at design and instructions to make sure they are as good as they possibly be. I want people to have 100% confidence hanging on my hardware. It is much more important than the sales.
    Yep, I hear ya. So to clarify, if you had some good instructions with clear warnings of what "to" do and what "not" to do you might actually sell them again or not?

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    OES Spinn
    Insulation
    RAB & WM Blue CCF
    Suspension
    Many DIY
    I have a set I was thinking of selling. PM me if interested.
    Zach Rohe Photography https://zachrohe.com

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    I say add a use at your own risk warning and put them back up for sale !! There isnt a darn thing wrong with them,, there is allways someone who likes to pick apart other peoples stuff and these buckles are as solid as they can be,, but again, this is just my opion

Hammock
    Lite Owl, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben, Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Downhill Trucker View Post
    I have a set I was thinking of selling. PM me if interested.
    Interested. PM sent.

Hammock
    EasyHammock Hiker XL green
    Tarp
    ID Siltarp2
    Insulation
    Down sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Issue EasyHammock
    I had a slip on your cinch buckle. After adjusting one side the webbing wasn't aligned properly and it "jerked" dropping me about one foot. I thought that they are self adjusting, self tightening, self checking and self locking. Please take them of your site as they are clearly dangerous to use.

On the serious note, doing nothing about it would be bad. But totaly withdrawing them is equally bad. Let us know, investigate, rewrite the manual. But don't punish other users...

Hammock
    EasyHammock Hiker XL green
    Tarp
    ID Siltarp2
    Insulation
    Down sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Issue EasyHammock
    And one more good point, disclaimer from other vendor:

"Disclaimer Hiking, backpacking, and hammock camping activities involve potentially serious dangers that could result in injury and/or death, impairment to self and others, damage or destruction of property and/or emotional trauma. All backpacking equipment or concepts may create a potentially hazardous condition to the user. The articles on this site are written to offer information. They are as accurate as information allows at the time of writing. They are offered for general information only. The reader is encouraged to read them and other sources of information and educate oneself thoroughly before attempting to implement a particular idea. The reader is further encouraged to test equipment and ideas under controlled conditions to confirm their validity before attempting to implement them in the wilderness, In the unlikely event of a defect in your product please stop use and contact ======= immediately and we will direct you on repair or further use. We assume that by purchasing any equipment buyer will completely read any instructions, will follow safe operating procedures, and exercise common sense in the use of any equipment purchased. We assume no responsibility for the condition or operation of any equipment by purchaser. Buyer assumes all responsibility for the use of this equipment. Buyer assumes all risk of loss and/or injury and will hold seller harmless. Buyer represents that no reliance is made upon any act or conduct of ======.By continuing with your purchase you are confirming that you have fully read and understand the above stated terms and conditions. "

Please don't add to the madness of health & safety...

Hammock
    90"x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    When I first started using them, I had them slip. After conferring with another hanger, I realized I had them upside down and didn't have the amsteel on the side with both straps coming up. Once I had them the correct way, I never had any more slipping.
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

Hammock
    HH Exploer
    Tarp
    HH Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    PLUQ + 2QzQ QP
    Suspension
    HH Dutch Buckle
    I love my Dutch Buckles and am glad that I got a set before "the incident".

Hammock
    DH Darien/DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    JrB, HG, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebugdawn View Post
    When I first started using them, I had them slip. After conferring with another hanger, I realized I had them upside down and didn't have the amsteel on the side with both straps coming up. Once I had them the correct way, I never had any more slipping.
    I think I've used mine wrong also, but never had a slip. Going to check when I get home which way they are setup.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattBigmonster View Post
    And one more good point, disclaimer from other vendor:

"Disclaimer Hiking, backpacking, and hammock camping activities involve potentially serious dangers that could result in injury and/or death, impairment to self and others, damage or destruction of property and/or emotional trauma. All backpacking equipment or concepts may create a potentially hazardous condition to the user. The articles on this site are written to offer information. They are as accurate as information allows at the time of writing. They are offered for general information only. The reader is encouraged to read them and other sources of information and educate oneself thoroughly before attempting to implement a particular idea. The reader is further encouraged to test equipment and ideas under controlled conditions to confirm their validity before attempting to implement them in the wilderness, In the unlikely event of a defect in your product please stop use and contact ======= immediately and we will direct you on repair or further use. We assume that by purchasing any equipment buyer will completely read any instructions, will follow safe operating procedures, and exercise common sense in the use of any equipment purchased. We assume no responsibility for the condition or operation of any equipment by purchaser. Buyer assumes all responsibility for the use of this equipment. Buyer assumes all risk of loss and/or injury and will hold seller harmless. Buyer represents that no reliance is made upon any act or conduct of ======.By continuing with your purchase you are confirming that you have fully read and understand the above stated terms and conditions. "

Please don't add to the madness of health & safety...
    I have a disclaimer, but I send a lot of product out and I am not there to make sure every piece is set up correctly, and I don't want anything bad to happen from my neglect.. I think the solution is to add a back up knot to the instructions. That way if they are used upside down or backwards they will still hold. Admittedly if you set up in the dark, it is hard to tell they are oriented the right way, with the larger slot towards the tree. I liked it that it didn't have a back up knot but it is a good failsafe. I need to determine if that is the correction and then I need to get new instructions made and printed. In the meantime, kick back in your hammock and enjoy living.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast