Sheltowee Boone 40*
    Tarp
    Kelty 12
    Insulation
    B. 40 all -in-1
    Suspension
    web straps/buckel
    Images

#93! Sheltowee, Boone 40* review, since its been awhile!

Let me start off by saying the first night in this jawn I sleep like I was sedated! This accommodates all kinds of sleeping, ( sideways, flat, fetal,.....)! I could not roll myself out of this even as the night grew long and the libations set in! This cinch straps has this guy up in under 5 min., broken down the same. I was able to adjust all draw stings and shock cords in the dark while in the hammock. I still have yet to move the UQ out of the way be it still in the high 40's low 50's here in the Mi.-tten, in spring! The bishop bag/stuff sac was my only concern, the grommet was pulling away from the stuff sac but after some feedback by my man steer'n the ship, a remedy is on the horizon! Customer service is top notch over at Sheltowee Hammock CO. The weather dipped down to 47*, I was toasty in a sweatshirt and Marmot 40* minimalist sleep'n bag on a windy rainy spring night! Can't wait to push this as far as it will take me through all four seasons just by adding a quilt between the hammock and the sown in UQ, as suggested by Alex himself when I was on the fence between the 20* and the 40*. All in all this hammock is the cats-a$$, well made, and for the money can't be beat if your looking to simplify your set-up. The bug net was another big question but as I already had a solo net set up I was not swayed from my decision to go with the Boone and keep this separate.
    I would recommend this to anyone & if your around my way and would like to check it out give me a holler.
    T.
    Last edited by T.Monk; 05-07-2015 at 14:32.

interesting, and something I have wondered for the longest time when someone would finally make uq and hammock together like this.

I suppose the one question is compared to a separate uq how is this one for keeping loft and not getting compressed? hard to tell how much " free space " there is in those baffles.

prices seem comparable, considering what you pay for a hammock and uq separate.
    "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." - John Muir

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Hammock
    Sheltowee Hammocks
    Tarp
    Big, Retangular
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by T.Monk View Post
    Let me start off by saying the first night in this jawn I sleep like I was sedated! This accommodates all kinds of sleeping, ( sideways, flat, fetal,.....)! I could not roll myself out of this even as the night grew long and the libations set in! This cinch straps has this guy up in under 5 min., broken down the same. I was able to adjust all draw stings and shock cords in the dark while in the hammock. I still have yet to move the UQ out of the way be it still in the high 40's low 50's here in the Mi.-tten, in spring! The bishop bag/stuff sac was my only concern, the grommet was pulling away from the stuff sac but after some feedback by my man steer'n the ship, a remedy is on the horizon! Customer service is top notch over at Sheltowee Hammock CO. The weather dipped down to 47*, I was toasty in a sweatshirt and Marmot 40* minimalist sleep'n bag on a windy rainy spring night! Can't wait to push this as far as it will take me through all four seasons just by adding a quilt between the hammock and the sown in UQ, as suggested by Alex himself when I was on the fence between the 20* and the 40*. All in all this hammock is the cats-a$$, well made, and for the money can't be beat if your looking to simplify your set-up. The bug net was another big question but as I already had a solo net set up I was not swayed from my decision to go with the Boone and keep this separate.
    I would recommend this to anyone & if your around my way and would like to check it out give me a holler.
    T.
    Hey, thanks for taking the time to post T.Monk! Try to remind me to send you a suspension for the second UQ you plan on stacking inside the Boone when I get the updated stuff sack ready. It's a simple system that works very well; a mitten hook at the end of a small section of shock cord to a hair tie that is prussic-ed to the RL above you.
    -Alex

Sheltowee Hammocks Feature INTEGRATED UNDERQUILTS! Starting at $224

Step Out Of Your Sheltowee @ www.ShellHammocks.com

Hammock
    Sheltowee Boone 40*
    Tarp
    Kelty 12
    Insulation
    B. 40 all -in-1
    Suspension
    web straps/buckel
    Images
    Mud_Bone, I believe the loft is not lost in how the quilt is attatched to the baffiling, I believe they have a video on the Sheltowee web site that talks about it. The suspension allows you to adjust how tight or loose you want the quilt. I have yet to really open it up or move it out of the way to take in the cool air while in the hammock. But that is just around the corner!

Hammock
    Sheltowee Boone 40*
    Tarp
    Kelty 12
    Insulation
    B. 40 all -in-1
    Suspension
    web straps/buckel
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ShellHammock View Post
    Hey, thanks for taking the time to post T.Monk! Try to remind me to send you a suspension for the second UQ you plan on stacking inside the Boone when I get the updated stuff sack ready. It's a simple system that works very well; a mitten hook at the end of a small section of shock cord to a hair tie that is prussic-ed to the RL above you.
    Right on, sounds like you have all tha angles covered!
    Some feedback for ya would be more videos on the site! I found the ones on there informative but you could really highlight the system by gettin in there and showing people what you really dig about it, how easy it is to do all the adjustments from inside the hammock, move the UQ out from under, ect... I think it would cut out alot of questions people might have on the functionality of the hammock.
    Do you do anything with the UQ when you pull the quilt out from under the hammock? Just thinking as I'm sitting here in my golden hour at work!

Hammock
    Sheltowee Hammocks
    Tarp
    Big, Retangular
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Right on, sounds like you have all tha angles covered!
    Some feedback for ya would be more videos on the site! I found the ones on there informative but you could really highlight the system by gettin in there and showing people what you really dig about it, how easy it is to do all the adjustments from inside the hammock, move the UQ out from under, ect... I think it would cut out alot of questions people might have on the functionality of the hammock.
    Do you do anything with the UQ when you pull the quilt out from under the hammock? Just thinking as I'm sitting here in my golden hour at work!
    Agreed... more videos are defiantly on my list of things to accomplish in the near future. I'm focusing on tarps at the moment. I hope to launch a couple sizes of tarps and another accessory on my site in the very near future. I'll be doing videos for them so I'll most likely add a few more like you mentioned, thanks!

I have tucked the insulation between the RL and my Topper when it's installed and the tension holds it up there nicely, out of the way. You could also tie the insulation with a couple of lengths of cord around the RL to achieve the same thing; it's just easier to tuck it with a Topper installed. having it just laying there next to you is okay, but even that can be too hot when it's warm outside. Keep experimenting and let me know if you come up with a better solution !
    -Alex

Hammock
    Sheltowee Boone 40*
    Tarp
    Kelty 12
    Insulation
    B. 40 all -in-1
    Suspension
    web straps/buckel
    Images
    IMG_0804.jpg
    Nite-ize gear ties make it easy to get it out of the way, attaching it to the RL. I found if you twist the gear tie facing down you can undo them from inside the hammock when chill rolls in!

Look forward to seeing the progress unfold!

**** sorry for the sideways pic, I'm still trying to figure out the forum platform!
    Last edited by T.Monk; 05-08-2015 at 16:15.

Hammock
    Sheltowee Hammocks
    Tarp
    Big, Retangular
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    IMG_0804.jpg
    Nite-ize gear ties make it easy to get it out of the way, attaching it to the RL. I found if you twist the gear tie facing down you can undo them from inside the hammock when chill rolls in!

Look forward to seeing the progress unfold!

**** sorry for the sideways pic, I'm still trying to figure out the forum platform!
    nice! I've seen those Nite-ize gear ties... seem like handy little things.

I sometimes upload pics that are sideways and don't know how that happens because they are oriented correctly before uploading... it is frustrating I know
    -Alex

• + New Posts