wbbb xlc, rr, wwm
    Tarp
    HG cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    WL, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

Quilts in a nano buginator

How difficult is it to get your uq and tq attached/ into your hammock with the nano buginator installed? I like the design but it seams it might be a pain to get an uq attached.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    The TQ doesn't get attached to the hammock. Just attach the UQ, then put on the bugnet. I use Dutch Whoopie hooks and it's fairly easy to pull the continuous loop through the bugnet opening and attach hammock to whoopie suspension.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    wbbb xlc, rr, wwm
    Tarp
    HG cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    WL, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    The TQ doesn't get attached to the hammock. Just attach the UQ, then put on the bugnet. I use Dutch Whoopie hooks and it's fairly easy to pull the continuous loop through the bugnet opening and attach hammock to whoopie suspension.
    So the opening on the nano buginator is big enough to easily feed the hammock with uq attached into it? Seams like it might be a bit difficult. I was thinking that you would leave the bug net on the hammock and stand up in it and attach the uq.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cst View Post
    So the opening on the nano buginator is big enough to easily feed the hammock with uq attached into it? Seams like it might be a bit difficult. I was thinking that you would leave the bug net on the hammock and stand up in it and attach the uq.

No the opening is not big enough to feed hammock and UQ through it. Let me try to explain it differently.

1) Hang hammock.
    2) Attach UQ.
    3) Insert hand into ridgeline opening of bugnet, and exit hand from bottom entry.
    4) Disconnect whoopie hook and hold hammock/UQ in one hand (bugnet is on other arm).
    5) Reconnect whoopie hook.
    6) Pull bugnet over hammock/UQ.
    7) Insert hand into bottom entry and out the unused ridgeline opening.
    7) Disconnect whoopie hook at other end of hammock and push continuous loop out bugnet ridgeline opening.
    8) Attach whoopie hook to hammock.
    9) Done.

Hammock
    wbbb xlc, rr, wwm
    Tarp
    HG cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    WL, HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    No the opening is not big enough to feed hammock and UQ through it. Let me try to explain it differently.

1) Hang hammock.
    2) Attach UQ.
    3) Insert hand into ridgeline opening of bugnet, and exit hand from bottom entry.
    4) Disconnect whoopie hook and hold hammock/UQ in one hand (bugnet is on other arm).
    5) Reconnect whoopie hook.
    6) Pull bugnet over hammock/UQ.
    7) Insert hand into bottom entry and out the unused ridgeline opening.
    7) Disconnect whoopie hook at other end of hammock and push continuous loop out bugnet ridgeline opening.
    8) Attach whoopie hook to hammock.
    9) Done.
    Makes sense, thanks. The bias model of bug net makes more sense to me than the other designs without a zipper.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cst View Post
    Makes sense, thanks. The bias model of bug net makes more sense to me than the other designs without a zipper.
    I would agree with that wholeheartedly. I tried hammocks with integrated, zippered bugnets and I'm just too claustrophobic. If a critter comes into camp, I want to get out of my hammock and either run like heck or confront it - don't want to fumble around at night trying to find the zipper.

With the Buginator, I just swing my feet out of the hammock and they're on the ground. Toss bugnet off and you're free!

My sons seem to like the Buginator style much better. They were always sitting on the integrated bugnet and ripping it.

• + New Posts