Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Newby question about tarp size and brand

Hello,
    New to hammocking. We have two Eno Double Nests . Could we both fit under a 77x104 Crazy Creek brand tarp, if we stack. We are looking to only invest in one right now. It weighs 28oz and is 77x104. I wasn't sure if that would work or not. We want to backpack so trying to keep it light in the pack and wallet.
    Thanks

Hammock
    Health
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    GB
    Suspension
    Whoopie, straps
    Images
    I have the Warbonnet Superfly, I would say It is probably the most popular tarp on the forum (IMHO). I love mine. Bigger than the one you are looking at, and lighter weight as well. (probably a bit more expensive though). I love my superfly, bought it for winter camping, but will probably be the only tarp I carry now, unless wanting to go Ultra light. In which case I have the mountain laurel design "postage stamp" (not sure the real name) that would work for rain in a pinch but in a heavy continued downpour I would likely get wet and claustrophobic.

Hammock
    Clark DLX, ENO SN, BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    OxPalace,Big Squid
    Insulation
    Oxgear, KAQ, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    I have a Crazy Creek tarp and find it pretty small. It fits one person OK if you are using a shorter hammock but with two stacked I would think the bottom hanger would get wet.
    Everyone ought to believe in something....I believe I'll go set up the hammock!

warbonnet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tlcseven View Post
    I have the Warbonnet Superfly, I would say It is probably the most popular tarp on the forum (IMHO). I love mine. Bigger than the one you are looking at, and lighter weight as well. (probably a bit more expensive though). I love my superfly, bought it for winter camping, but will probably be the only tarp I carry now, unless wanting to go Ultra light. In which case I have the mountain laurel design "postage stamp" (not sure the real name) that would work for rain in a pinch but in a heavy continued downpour I would likely get wet and claustrophobic.
    Is the Warbonnet Superfly big enough for two Eno's if I can hang them right?

Images
    Many couples use the 3 tree method and hang under one tarp. The Superfly would work great.

Thanks for all the help and happy hangin' !!

Hammock
    DH thunderbird, TTTG switchback
    Tarp
    OMW
    Insulation
    pads, -25*UQ,0*TQ
    Suspension
    whoopies, straps
    as they said the superfly is popular but not the biggest. kelty noah has a 16x 16 for ~ 75$ wilderness logic has the bullfrog that is a foot longer that the superfly for 5$ more. Cuban is big too(winter palace) but is a bit more money. pop on the vendor sights and write. down dimensions, weight, doors, tie outs and cost. then go back about the color. you will find what you want on here and all the vendors are phenomenal
    wilderness logics
    hammock gear
    warbonnet
    arrow head equipment
    tree to tree trailgear
    kelty
    UGQ.com
    I think those are the main ones I am familiar with, but I am sure to be missing some I might not know.

Wow that Kelty sounds huge. Thanks for the info. Ill definately look those up.

Hammock
    wbbb,streamliner,GTUL
    Tarp
    Supafly,HG cuben
    Insulation
    JRBmt4,diy,AHE
    Suspension
    whooopieee
    In my experience my superfly works well with the three tree configuration for my better half and I when backpacking we have a wbbb and a grand truck ultra light. she gets the bug net lol but you have to take time in choosing the right spot to set up. i would direct you towards the superfly or the big daddy tarp. however thats only if you want just a single tarp. you could possible get say two hennessy hammock hex tarps and overlap them and you may get more coverage, just without doors. It can be a little cramped with two people in a superfly but it can be done. We camped with two kids and 2 adults with two hammocks under two superflys, tons of room!!

Hammock
    DH Darien/DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    JrB, HG, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhbikebum View Post
    Hello,
    New to hammocking. We have two Eno Double Nests . Could we both fit under a 77x104 Crazy Creek brand tarp, if we stack. We are looking to only invest in one right now. It weighs 28oz and is 77x104. I wasn't sure if that would work or not. We want to backpack so trying to keep it light in the pack and wallet.
    Thanks
    The tadpole from Wilderness Logics is about the same cost, but bigger and weighs less. If you are looking for other options. I have no experience with stacking.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast