Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    “There are two kinds of people in this world: Those who believe there are two kinds of people in this world and those who are smart enough to know better.” ― Tom Ribbins, Still Life with Woodpecker

Actually, there are only two kinds of people in this world. Those who separate people into categories and those who don't.

Yah, it was an oversimplification, done more for illustrative effect than anything else.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    Yah, it was an oversimplification, done more for illustrative effect than anything else.
    Oh yea, I get it.
    I was just trying to say I think there's room in the trees for everybody.

Take the Night Grid Camo pattern. Completely useless and ineffective because it can be easily defeated by any modern night vision technology. Besides, who would need this for a hammock body? But.... it's a cool pattern that I find pleasing to the eye on a very nice 1.8oz hi count taffeta nylon. I have not yet received any complaints because users have been detected during the night while using this fabric.

Last edited by PapaSmurf; 04-04-2014 at 13:15.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Yah, I've notice the night camo comes in a different fabric that seems softer, and that those who purchase it would generally fall into Category #2, with the possible exception of coyote hunters.

And I agree that its a cool pattern that actually looks interesting and is pleasing to the eye during the day.

I'd rather not have a hammock or tarp that is purposefully made to be difficult to see at night.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    Oh yea, I get it.
    I was just trying to say I think there's room in the trees for everybody.

Take the Night Grid Camo pattern. Completely useless and ineffective because it can be easily defeated by any modern night vision technology. Besides, who would need this for a hammock body? But.... it's a cool pattern that I find pleasing to the eye on a very nice 1.8oz hi count taffeta nylon. I have not yet received any complaints because users have been detected during the night while using this fabric.

Hammock
    DIY camo 330D
    Tarp
    DIY Ogees
    Insulation
    Costco down throw
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    actually I've had hunters tell me that the night camo, while useless at night with nvg/nvo/nvds, is pretty useful out in the sage brush areas of Central Oregon and the grassy meadows in the Willamette valley..... YMMV.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoDeafie82 View Post
    actually I've had hunters tell me that the night camo, while useless at night with nvg/nvo/nvds, is pretty useful out in the sage brush areas of Central Oregon and the grassy meadows in the Willamette valley..... YMMV.
    Yah, and I've heard that from night coyote and feral hog hunters down here in TX.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    SF, Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0, 20
    Suspension
    adjustable straps
    I don't feel the need to get everyone's attention. For one thing, it's less likely, though not impossible, anything will get stolen when I'm not around. I also try to be respectful of people who want to get outside and not have the visual impact of bright colors intruding on their outdoor experience.
    “I held a moment in my hand, brilliant as a star, fragile as a flower, a tiny sliver of one hour. I dropped it carelessly, Ah! I didn't know, I held opportunity.” -Hazel Lee

I like camo because I like to blend in as much as possible when camping which is usually in the woods. That being said hammocks have a real challenge when trying to blend in. They are horizontal elements. In nature things are vertical. Camo can help to " break up" this horizontal elements some. But for the most part most camo looks like a blob of color at most any distance. Camo designs like Predator camo has not found its way here yet. As a hunter, I was taught early on by my grandfather to look for horizontal elements when hunting. Like hammocks most animal's bodies are horizontal in nature. That's why they have spots or different colors in places to break up that horizontal. I also wear camo a lot but it's because I spend most of my time in the woods. I do not wear it out in public even though many consider me a redneck.

Hammock
    diy, hk2001,bmbh
    Tarp
    diy hex or aysym
    Insulation
    diy's,jarbidge!!!!
    Suspension
    whoops, ucr, dutch
    Images
    i like camo cuz it's camo, and camo is cool.

Hammock
    Bridge
    Tarp
    ?
    Insulation
    Not sure yet
    Suspension
    ?
    Quote Originally Posted by nuttysquirrel View Post
    i like camo cuz it's camo, and camo is cool.
    +1

Hmm... Why Camo? Well.. Why not?
    I believe good gets better.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug
    I read an article somewhere that pretty much started that animals will tent to be more curious about bright colors and will disregard earthy tones and camos. That seems like a good enough reason to me.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast