Grand Trunk Skeeter Beater Pro
    Tarp
    All Purpose
    Insulation
    UG Zepplin 20
    Suspension
    DIY Straps&Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by kerryandjane View Post
    Awesome! B for functionality is all you need. I'll see if I have something for you when I go home in a few months.... I just ordered 45mx150cm of primaloft I'm doing a bit of a project for the local scouts but will surely have some left to mess with.
    Thanks for the offer but I think I am OK for the moment. I plan to upgrade this one to a down bag in the near future, but want to try some winter hangs with my thermal rest sleeping mat in the uq and see how extreme I need to go with the bag.

Do you know of any nz organized hang events?
    I figure I might end up hanging at the cold kiwi this year. Should be a good test.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images

Kiwi hanging downunder.

Welcome to the forum from Florida. It sounds like you are already making progress. I agree that DIY gear simply needs to be functional; mission accomplished.
    Most people put the pad inside the hammock and sleep directly on it. This will make the pad more efficient. In a double layer hammock, the pad goes between the layers to bold it in place better. In a single layer hammock, you will want to paint some silicone dots on the bottom of the pad to keep it from sliding around.

P.S. A coworker of mine recently visited your country and brought back beautiful pictures of gorgeous landscape. She was very impressed with her visit. Feel free to post some pictures of your own!
    Last edited by MAD777; 03-29-2014 at 02:19.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Grizzbridge/RR/DIY GE/Pares
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle/strap
    Quote Originally Posted by zealander View Post
    Thanks for the offer but I think I am OK for the moment. I plan to upgrade this one to a down bag in the near future, but want to try some winter hangs with my thermal rest sleeping mat in the uq and see how extreme I need to go with the bag.

Do you know of any nz organized hang events?
    I figure I might end up hanging at the cold kiwi this year. Should be a good test.
    I don't think we have enough hangers in NZ and the hangers we do have are quite spread out.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Skeeter Beater Pro
    Tarp
    All Purpose
    Insulation
    UG Zepplin 20
    Suspension
    DIY Straps&Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    Welcome to the forum from Florida. It sounds like you are already making progress. I agree that DIY gear simply needs to be functional; mission accomplished.
    Most people put the pad inside the hammock and sleep directly on it. This will make the pad more efficient. In a double layer hammock, the pad goes between the layers to bold it in place better. In a single layer hammock, you will want to paint some silicone dots on the bottom of the pad to keep it from sliding around.

P.S. A coworker of mine recently visited your country and brought back beautiful pictures of gorgeous landscape. She was very impressed with her visit. Feel free to post some pictures of your own!

If you check out the link in my top post you will see quite a few pics, I shall be adding more mid April as I attempt to complete my holiday.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12