Who needs March Madness? We've got April MAD777ness! This is short notification but we all had so much fun on this one last year that I think we need to bring back April MAD777ness (MAD777 is the one that planned this one last year). I'll get the permit in the morning but I doubt we'll have a problem. If we can't get the first weekend then we'll go for the second weekend. It's already hot (I was driving to Sebring on Wednesday and it was 88) but we can hope that we time a cool front just right.
The current dates are April 4-6, 2014
The planning will be exactly the same as last year so I'm just going to let that thread handle all of the questions/answers
Last year's planning thread
Last year's trip report
The highlights are:
- ~12 mile loop for the weekend
- Short ~2 mile hike Friday to the Lakeside camp site
- ~7 mile hike Saturday to the Isabel (I think there are several different spellings) creek camp site
- 2-3 mile hike Sunday
- Water at both campsites and at several points along the Saturday hike
- Great group of people
- Beautiful scenery (and we'll be going by the "famous cypress" trees)
- Did I mention it's a great group of people?
- The entrance fee is $2/person/day
I hope to see you there!