Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BG Hammock

Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    Yes howzithangin, "Stanley says" that when fabric is in a highly crumpled relaxed state you get shorter measurements, but thanks for showing us why your measurements are so different than mine. Growing up with an architect for a father and having 25 years in commercial construction, I'm fairly experienced at taking accurate measurements.

I don't think anyone has represented this product as anything but what it is...a fairly representative example of a mass produced hammock that is competitive with others of it's type with a $35 selling price.

While no one has discussed positives beyond the facts, you have been doing your best to accentuate the negatives.
    Does the fabric in the first video look 9 inches crumpled to you?
    Thats the width, as a regular person would measure it, and that's pretty flat actually.

I just commented on what I observed, with my impressions of both the positive and negative.
    If you do not see the positives I wrote about it... then I would question your objectivity.

Hammock
    Eno double
    Tarp
    Sil nylon
    Insulation
    PLUQ
    Suspension
    Atlas
    Images
    Good review. Looks like a decent setup for starter or loaner for a quick overnight.

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by howzithangin View Post
    Does the fabric in the first video look 9 inches crumpled to you?...
    No, but it does look 3" crumpled which would bring it up to the same 56" width I posted. As I said, we'll just have to agree to disagree. At this point we are adding nothing useful to the thread.

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    KAQ, UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by pinballwizard View Post
    How does this compare to the Yukon Double, or the Eno Doublenest? I use the Yukon, and it is comfy, but I have no other Hammock to compare it to, so what do I know? I don't believe this hammock would be better. I am just curious if I am in a hammock that is way less comfortable than one that I should be in, but I don't want to drop big money there.
    I ordered one of these and i also have the Yukon Double. Once i get this one in i will take some pictures and post them here.

Hammock
    DIY 126 x 60 Tablecloth
    Tarp
    JRB 10 x 11
    Insulation
    New River/Owhyee
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Inaccurate is inaccurate! If it is advertised at 10 feet by 5 feet it should be 10 feet by 5 feet; or state otherwise (before sewing, when fully stretched etc). Same thing on weight, if it is advertised @ 26 ounces but weighs in @ 30 it is inaccurate, at best, and misleading at worst! It's a cheap hammock, we get that, but being accurate costs nothing extra! It may not be intentional, but it comes off as being deceitful...
    "I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds
    Mind of a Rat Youtube Channel

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat View Post
    Inaccurate is inaccurate!...
    Yep. Just like my 9.5' (114") GT Ultralight is actually 107". I'm not excusing this, only pointing out that it is fairly common with the large commercial hammock makers.

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    KAQ, UGQ
    So I got mine in today. Overall I think it is actually pretty comfy from the lounging I am doing as I type this. I think that with a suspension change it could make a nice little budget camper. I think that it is more comfortable than my Yukon double. I am short though. 5'8" There is a faint calf ridge. Nothing a pillow won't fix.

The width was a little shorter than advertised as others have noted. I did stretch it out flat and held it down with dumbbells. It is actually a little over ten feet for me.

I am happy with it. Money well spent for me.

Width

Length

Overall

Kid Approved

Wife approved
    Last edited by f k; 04-01-2014 at 19:52.