Half-Wit by Dutch
    Tarp
    HG Cuben with Door
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies

Recommendation for Hennessy UQ

Just wondering if anyone with a Hennessy Explorer Deluxe could give me an idea of the best fitting and use UG.

Don't know about the best fitting but I have the Mt. Washington 3 a 20% full length from Jack R Better and it fits my Hennessy Hammock Expedition zip like a glove and by the way the great service from the Jack's

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    There are a couple of quilt on the market that are made specifically to fit the shape of HH's. We offer the Potomac and the Jacks offer the Nest. Either of those will be the gloves....from there you have lots of choices that will also work just not be fitted.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Half-Wit by Dutch
    Tarp
    HG Cuben with Door
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies
    Thank you very much. I have been considering the arrowhead and also the hammock gear. Just wanted to get some opinions. I have been leaning toward the arrowhead for awhile, just need to get the funds to pull the trigger. After I do buy one for myself I would like to get with the manufacturer I choose and try to outfit an fire department explorer troop. We have had several HH donated and I am trying to outfit them all with underquilts now. Any suggestions on who may be interested in helping out with donations would also be greatly appreciated.

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner in 1.9 Multicam
    Tarp
    Camo SF
    Insulation
    JRB MW4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I use the JRB Mount Washington 4 with my Hennessey Exped Zip. It fits great.
    Check out my youtube channel. Vids about hammock camping, geocaching and outdoor fun.
    Adventures With Snide Tripod

Hammock
    HH Expedition Zip
    Tarp
    WLtdpl,diySnowFort
    Insulation
    HG Inc10,DIY TQ 0?
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I've got a HG incubator on my HH Expedition. I tie the first ring in on each end of the quilt to the rings on the pullouts on the hammock (loosely so the quilt doesn't pull away from the hammock). Fits real nice. I do think I probably need to shift the quilt toward the foot end to align the contour of the quilt with my body better so I plan to sew a couple loops or mitten hooks on the hammock to put it exactly where I want it. Regardless, it has worked extremely well down to 29' without cold spots. It's a 10' quilt so I was plenty warm to boot.

Actually, on second thought, I'll probably add loops to the quilt where I need them so I can still tie to the pullout rings instead. I like the way tying to those points pulls the quilt right to the edge of the hammock there and keeps it comfortably around my shoulder and feet.
    Last edited by dingbat; 04-14-2014 at 21:26.

Images
    any quilt will fit fine. the JRB nest was made for a bottom entry HH, but i use it on other hammocks also. the U suspension is what makes it work or not. some quilts have the side straps to match the HH side pull-outs, but i cut all the side pull-outs off my HH hammocks.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

• + New Posts