Tarp
    HG 4 season C.F.
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ,HG& EE UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

Mid Atlantic Mountain Works: 20* Marcy quilt

I recently purchased the 20* Marcy quilt from Mid-Atlantic Mountain Works. Mid Atlantic Mountain Works is a new cottage vendor based out of DC and run by a guy named Jared.

The inner and outer shell of the quilt is made from UL Argon(a tight weaved ripstop nylon) from Dutchware and comes in at .67oz per yard. It’s filled with 13 oz of 850 HyperDRY goose from Allied Feather and Down.

It’s 72”x50” with a half taper.

It’s 50” at the head and tapers to 40” at the foot.

Looks to have about 2.5” of loft

In its stuff sack, weighs 20.89 oz on my scale.

It has a drawcord footbox and uses Omni Tape(Velcro) to close up the footbox and has a buckle at the top to keep the footbox closed.

It has shockcords going up both sides starting at the foot box and come out at the head next to a neck drawcord and both go through a single cord lock on either side.

It has a grosgrain strap and center release buckle that goes around the back of your neck to keep everything snug and closed up.

The side shockcords act to keep the sides of the quilt tucked under you when cinched and it works pretty well.

Initial thoughts:
    I was initially skeptical on how the quality was going to be since it was a new cottage vendor but I am super impressed with the quality of the workmanship. I haven’t found any flaws so far.

I’m 5’10” and it fits me perfectly. With my feet at the end of the footbox, the head of the quilt comes right to my chin. I bought this to use for hammock use and it works great. I should have gone with a wider quilt if I was going to primarily use this on the ground. I’m a side sleeper and toss frequently and 50” is just enough to keep me covered. It would be nice to have a little extra. Next time I buy a quilt I’ll get a wider one. Nothing to do with Mid-Atlantic Mountain works, as it seems most vendors are using 50” as their standard width.

First use:
    I set up the hammock in the backyard with the Hammock Gear 20* Incubator UQ and an UQP. The temp snuck down to about 25*F and it worked great. I had to vent it a little because I was starting to sweat (I’m generally a hot sleeper). The side shockcords really do help keep the sides tucked under you when you sleep. I have no doubt I can sleep comfortably in lower temps.

Conclusion thus far:
    It’s worth checking out for a reasonably priced quality quilt. I’ll update when I get more use out of it.
    Last edited by gplg; 03-26-2014 at 18:48.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB & Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie DIY
    Images
    Very Nice Review. Subscribing for updates... Thanks!

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Nice looking quilt. I like the button holes for the shock cord. Nice tough.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    Yeti, Marcy 20
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    I just tested my new Marcy 20 top quilt in my Warbonnet Blackbird hammock. It was everything I expected and more. I tend to shift back and forth from my back to my side when I sleep. The Marcy 20 from Mid Atlantic Mountain Works gives more range of motion than a mummy bag and makes overnight rest just about perfect. The quality and attention to detail makes this top quilt very versatile both for hammock and ground sleeping. The shock cords are an excellent feature, allowing the top quilt to be be adjusted to fit how you like to sleep. I am very happy with my decision to get this top quilt. I recommend it for hammocks, tents or shelters.

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    I ordered two TQ from MAMW a few months ago- the Marcy 20 for my wife and the Seneca 35 w/2oz overfill for me. Jared called me per my request to answer questions and finalize the order. He kept me up-to-date on the progress and shipped the quilts to me in the time frame he had told me it would take.

Both quilts are very nicely hand-crafted. We taken them on a few trips but haven't really put them to the test because the weather has been so warm. My wife has used hers at night and is pleased, but mine has stayed in my pack because I've just been too hot for a TQ thus far.

I have no doubts that they will perform as expected, and am very pleased with the ordering process, the interaction with Jared, and with the service after the sale.

• + New Posts