camo ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY BIGCamo winter
    Insulation
    Diy primalofts
    Suspension
    straps, spiders

Southern WI camping plans page

I am going to rent a backwoods shelter in the southern Kettle next Saturday. Mainly just so I can legally out on the ice age. Someone posted a welcome from Wisconsin and. I noticed they were a few members from the south. I dont know if there is a page setup up for specific Wisconsin campouts or postings of open camp outs but this is my plan for this page.
    I guess I am seeking other backpacker hangers for anything from a quick overnight to organized hangs.
    I post again after i have decided on the exact location. Or anyone else feel free to post their plans if you want.

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Next Sat? The 15th? I could probably make that. This Sat (the 8th) won't work for me to overnight. I'd do my best to at least stop out and say hi either weekend, been too long since I've been on the IAT!!

Shelter #1 is the most "secluded", a bit of a walk up a small hill. Shelter #2 is right behind the Forest Headquarters up a mild slope and Shelter #3 is right off the road. Nice hiking around any of them, might be a nice view from Bald Bluff with all the snow we have.

Banned
    Hammock
    camo ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY BIGCamo winter
    Insulation
    Diy primalofts
    Suspension
    straps, spiders
    I was planning on the 8th or should I say I will be there in the 8th and leave on the 9th.
    My plan was shelter #2 but I will not actually rent it till I go to the park. Since the park office is right there I figured I would start with #2. I actually hiked there on Monday from the Emma Carlin trail parking lot and did a little recon. Anyone is invited and I don't care about camp fees, come out and enjoy nature if you want. I plan on doing some studying for school and bushcrafting and probably heading out sunday when I get bored. I will probably hike there from the emma carlin parking lot or paradise spring parking lot.

Ya Bald Bluff is a nice view was there last weekend and ventured to elephant rock.

Pics from the Monday hike to #2.

I will post more camp outs as they come out and would take part in any others people make open.
    JP

Banned
    Hammock
    camo ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY BIGCamo winter
    Insulation
    Diy primalofts
    Suspension
    straps, spiders
    I rented shelter #2 by the head quarters. Going to walk in from another location and should have a fire by 2. Its 15 with some nice snow.

Hammock
    GT SB-Pro, Infinity, Yukon, Vivere
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9'6
    Insulation
    SleepBagThermaRest
    Suspension
    DIYwhoopies,adjSRL
    Guess I need to check here more often. Will try to make the next one.
    (insert pithy quote here)

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    would have liked to join you, but unable to make it at this time. Wouldn't mind doing it in the future some time. Been up there a few times and really enjoyed it.

Banned
    Hammock
    camo ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY BIGCamo winter
    Insulation
    Diy primalofts
    Suspension
    straps, spiders
    It was cold. I am back in the warmth already. Deconstructed early and came home to the warm girlfriend. I was testing my getto pod and i think 15f would be the low end. I had 5f on my little thermometer and it said 1f in the car. I do it again. I am too close not to. I post it again but next time with some advance warning.
    The walk in are actually a goid place to have hammock groups. You can have up to 10 people and are allowed to set up within 100feet of the shelter so you basically have 200 ft camp area.
    Cheers

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    I totally missed this. I have zero gear to sustain a winter overnight, in a hammock or on the ground. I had to work until about noon, but it would have been cool to drive out and scout the area a bit.

What are they getting for a nightly shelter fee? Is it any different than summer rates.

Banned
    Hammock
    camo ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY BIGCamo winter
    Insulation
    Diy primalofts
    Suspension
    straps, spiders
    Quote Originally Posted by ErickSaint View Post
    I totally missed this. I have zero gear to sustain a winter overnight, in a hammock or on the ground. I had to work until about noon, but it would have been cool to drive out and scout the area a bit.

What are they getting for a nightly shelter fee? Is it any different than summer rates.
    12$ totally worth it. I actually was using my old repurposed MH old down bag as a peapod. After reviewing I would be comfortable to probably 15 but would have needed more stuffing.

I will rent one again with some more advance warning. Hopefully a nicer night.
    The walk ins at ottowa walkins would also be a nice space.
    I was running out of carbs and my water was freezing so I called it early then I would have liked.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    That's dirt cheap camping.

I don't picture myself having winter gear at all this season, but sure would be down for a spring hang. I'll need to get my gear dialed in for our planned Taylor county hike.

Sucks that I don't even have 2 trees in the yard to test. I end up in a county park.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast